Oscar Colás - Time to Spend Some of That Int'l Money?

wildbillhiccup

2 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

Wasn't there also a Cuban pitcher about to be eligible this cycle?

Yeah, Norge Carlos Vera.

Colás isn't really a pitcher though it seems, at least not in game action at the moment. 

I wouldn't be surprised if both wait for 2020 J2.

7 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

To be fair all you have to do is read the scouting reports and look at the statistics.  Your characterization that it is impossible to make an informed judgment after doing even a modicum of research is baffling to me.   

Here, I will make it easy for you: 

Colas Statistics

Article 1

Highlight

Article 2 (with scouting takes)

Yes.  This is a no brainer.  The Orioles need talent, and they need to be willing to spend money to get it, evening some of it is a miss.

And adding a hindsight anecdotal observation of a cherry picked other player who almost everyone agreed at the time was a no brainer doesnt really carry much weight.

He might be good, but the stats are in Japan's minor league, which I have no point of reference as to the how that translates.

The scouting takes are one-line nothing takes from anonymous scouts. 

The articles have nothing significant as far as info about the player's abilities other than that he was being developed as a pitcher a couple years ago but hasn't thrown a competitive pitch as far as I can tell.

The videos have like 2 swings from a less than ideal angle vs unknown velocity. 

He could be really good, but there is nothing I've seen to give myself any confidence in that conclusion. 

• Upvote 3