Video of Altuve

Uli2001

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

None of this proves a systematic issue with players getting hit by baseballs getting concussions. No one was suggesting anyone should be hit in the head. Even people who use bean are not talking about getting in the head. You are looking for something to be outraged about here. I'm not taking the bait.

Yes, players have been hurt by getting hit with baseballs in the head, but considering the amount of pitches that batters have faced over the last 60 years and the limited amount of actual injuries, few of which were life altering makes this a non issue.

Honestly not sure how any rational person can not come down on the side of intentionally hitting someone = bad.

i don't care if the individual risk is small, it's a needless risk.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This actually might be the biggest black eye baseball has had since the Black Sox scandal.    It’s really tarnished the game.   

Starting to look what way. With Pete Rose it was only him and if the buzzer stuff is true this gets worse. 

As long as Elias and Sig don't get caught up in this. :pray:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This actually might be the biggest black eye baseball has had since the Black Sox scandal.    It’s really tarnished the game.   

On the positive side I won’t have to read anymore posts on here talking about Astroball anymore.  I think that book is headed to the bargain bin.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Starting to look what way. With Pete Rose it was only him and if the buzzer stuff is true this gets worse. 

As long as Elias and Sig don't get caught up in this. :pray:

If they caught up in who cares?  Not like it will affect our record next season if they lose their jobs.  

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Honestly not sure how any rational person can not come down on the side of intentionally hitting someone = bad.

i don't care if the individual risk is small, it's a needless risk.

Not everyone lives in a little fragile world. I played 100s of baseball games, have probably watched 10000 at every conceivable level. I've been hit in the head, arms, ribs, knees, and even my face by baseballs at various speeds up to probably 90+ MPH. I've seen players get hit by pitches up to a 100 MPH. I've jumped out of airplanes in the army and smacked my head on the ground on more landings than I'd like to admit due to wind changes at the last second or just plain high winds. I've played tackle football down the street with my friends with no helmets and I've played tackle football against adults in the army. I've been within 100 yards of a 120 mm rocket coming down on us and within 500 yards of a 240mm rocket landing that felt like the whole world was coming down even though I was inside a house.

Despite all that, I'm just fine. Just like the 100,000 of baseball players around the world that have somehow found a way to not have CTE due to getting hit with baseball while at bat. So yes, the risk is minimum, even if someone was trying to hit you on purpose. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

None of this proves a systematic issue with players getting hit by baseballs getting concussions. No one was suggesting anyone should be hit in the head. Even people who use bean are not talking about getting in the head. You are looking for something to be outraged about here. I'm not taking the bait.

Yes, players have been hurt by getting hit with baseballs in the head, but considering the amount of pitches that batters have faced over the last 60 years and the limited amount of actual injuries, few of which were life altering makes this a non issue.

I don't think he's looking to be outraged, just pointing out that throwing at players has at least some chance of injuring another human being and therefore probably should be avoided. 

He isn't saying that the risk is not minimal or that systemic injury is common, but rather that injuries have occured and intentionally throwing a hard projectile at another human is pretty ridiculous.

Just the vibes I got.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, atomic said:

If they caught up in who cares?  Not like it will affect our record next season if they lose their jobs.  

While this may be true,  for many of us our record next season really isn't that important.   The focus should be a couple of years down the road.   If they lose their job and someone else comes in with a different plan/style/methodology, it could put us even more behind.   I think they are building it the right way and hope neither is implicated in any way.   

21 minutes ago, sgillespie31 said:

I don't think he's looking to be outraged, just pointing out that throwing at players has at least some chance of injuring another human being and therefore probably should be avoided. 

He isn't saying that the risk is not minimal or that systemic injury is common, but rather that injuries have occured and intentionally throwing a hard projectile at another human is pretty ridiculous.

Just the vibes I got.

If ya can't deal with the risk, don't put the jock on and play the game.

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

It certainly is embarrassing that their World Series winner clearly cheated to get there. Honestly I think they should take away their World Championship, and suspend any player who was involved. They need to come down harder to make sure this doesn't happen again. 

Exactly. The garbage can thing was a team thing that couldn't be pinned on a single player. If any of them were individually wearing devices, I think that is new information and worth player suspensions if proven. PED penalties are a precedent.