Spring Training 2020 Thread

weams

On 2/13/2020 at 11:29 AM, Enjoy Terror said:

Turns out I don't know my Orioles. I only got 6.

EDIT: Adley wasn't one of them. Austin Wynns, Richard Bleier, and Hunter Harvey are the only ones I legitimately recognized. I guessed on Sisco and got it (remarkably). David Hess was also a WAG. Dillon Tate was easy because we are the whitest team in baseball.

Evan Phillips looks 45, not 25

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, weams said:

Great article. Hoping he lets it rip pretty soon and cracks the team out of camp, but I'd give it less than 50/50 odds right now. I don't think he's going to magically learn to be patient in AAA this year, though, so let's just get him up here and see what we have. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Great article. Hoping he lets it rip pretty soon and cracks the team out of camp, but I'd give it less than 50/50 odds right now. I don't think he's going to magically learn to be patient in AAA this year, though, so let's just get him up here and see what we have. 

May 2020

Just now, weams said:

May 2020

And I'd be fine with that. But Elias has been consistent on service time not being a factor on anything since he was hired. Now - chances are good that's a straight lie to our faces, and it is what it is, but if they bring him up in May after saying he "needs more time in AAA" or something similar, that's going to look a little fishy. One month is not enough time to accomplish much of anything in AAA.

It gets even more fishy if he gets off to a slow start in AAA (a thing that seems to happen to like, everybody, at Norfolk), and still bring him up. 

I'm more and more in the camp of just bringing him north. But it doesn't matter a whole lot either way. 

Just now, interloper said:

And I'd be fine with that. But Elias has been consistent on service time not being a factor on anything since he was hired. Now - chances are good that's a straight lie to our faces, and it is what it is, but if they bring him up in May after saying he "needs more time in AAA" or something similar, that's going to look a little fishy. One month is not enough time to accomplish much of anything in AAA.

It gets even more fishy if he gets off to a slow start in AAA (a thing that seems to happen to like, everybody, at Norfolk), and still bring him up. 

I'm more and more in the camp of just bringing him north. But it doesn't matter a whole lot either way. 

I believe all MLB executives say that because it is required.