The ACC vs Big East Thread

mweb

Since this has been since a hot topic on here in the past, lets get it rolling early, and not have it spilled over into other threads.

Going into the season, they have teams similarly ranked in the AP:

WVU#8

Clemson#9

VaTech#17

USF#19

Wake#23

Pitt#25

FSU#31

BC#33

Rutgers#34

UNC#38

UCONN#39

UVA#43

Today, things haven't gone well for either conference so far though.

VaTech lost 27-22 to Eastern Carolina on a neutral site, while Pitt is losing late at home to Bowling Green, 27-17. Assuming Pitt loses, both terrible losses, however, but edge ACC.:D I say that because Eastern Carolina is supposed to be quite a bit better than Bowling Green, and the location of the games.

So let the trash talking begin.:mwahaha:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since this has been since a hot topic on here in the past, lets get it rolling early, and not have it spilled over into other threads.

Going into the season, they have teams similarly ranked in the AP:

WVU#8

Clemson#9

VaTech#17

USF#19

Wake#23

Pitt#25

FSU#31

BC#33

Rutgers#34

UNC#38

UCONN#39

UVA#43

Today, things haven't gone well for either conference so far though.

VaTech lost 27-22 to Eastern Carolina on a neutral site, while Pitt is losing late at home to Bowling Green, 27-17. Assuming Pitt loses, both terrible losses, however, but edge ACC.:D I say that because Eastern Carolina is supposed to be quite a bit better than Bowling Green, and the location of the games.

So let the trash talking begin.:mwahaha:

In isolation the Pitt loss looks worse, but Pitt is always a team that underachieves. VT on the other hand is usually the class of the ACC so it will be a loss that hurts the ACC in the long run more than the Pitt loss does for the BEast.

In isolation the Pitt loss looks worse, but Pitt is always a team that underachieves. VT on the other hand is usually the class of the ACC so it will be a loss that hurts the ACC in the long run more than the Pitt loss does for the BEast.

Well Clemson is supposed to be the class of the ACC this year. Plus, there seemed to be a lot of hype surrounding Pitt this year, so I'm not sure that I agree.

Well Clemson is supposed to be the class of the ACC this year. Plus, there seemed to be a lot of hype surrounding Pitt this year, so I'm not sure that I agree.

Clemson is supposed to be, but they are kind of like Pitt in that they usually don't live up to the hype. I'll be surprised if they don't stumble. As for Pitt, yep they have had some hype... But they are still coached by Wannstedt... Bad losses are not surprising.

The start of the season could not have been any worse for the ACC... The top two teams go down... But alas, as a fan of the BEast, now is not the time to talk any trash considering how poorly they started out... Pitt losing, WVU looking awful and Syracyse getting embarassed.

2008 ACC vs OOC games of note

NCST blown out by South Carolina.. missing a few starters, QB knocked out early..but no excuse to lose 34-0.

Clemson blown out by Alabama .... Tigers did not show up for game under bright lights... their vaunted Dline blown up by Alabama...

VaTech losing to East Carolina... EC is a decent team, and played VaTech close in 2007.. but no excuse in losing...

Virginia losing to USC even at home is no shame... showing nothing is.

Wake beats up Baylor... good win on road vs Big12.

MD vs Cal -

VaTech at Nebraska -

Clemson vs South Carolina -

GaTech vs Georgia -

GaTech vs Miss State -

Miami at Florida -

Miami at Texas A&M -

FSU vs Colorado -

FSU vs Florida -

Wake vs UMiss -

Wake vs Vanderbilt -

UVA at UConn -

UNC at Rutgers -

UNC vs UConn -

Boston College vs Notre Dame -

Losses to a middle of the road, and a top tier SEC team isn't something to drag about. Alabama could even win the SEC west.

As for beating Baylor, that is something Wake should have done. Baylor's best record since joining the Big 12 is 5-6 in 2005. They are the bottom the the Big 12.

Archived