The ACC vs Big East Thread

mweb

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wake pulls it out over OLE MISS.

Meanwhile, Syracuse lose 42-28 to Akron and WVU is losing 24-3.

If ECU holds on, I think we can officially say the Big East is not a mid tier conference at the moment.

As much as it pains me to say, I'd have to agree. It will bounce back though... Just a bump in the road and a little adversity on the way to its destiny.

As much as it pains me to say, I'd have to agree. It will bounce back though... Just a bump in the road and a little adversity on the way to its destiny.

To its destiny of being a bottom tier BCS conference, at least this year. Right now, WVU doesn't even look like it should be ranked, so that just leaves USF. After those top two teams, who is good?

ECU will win this game, This is 2006 redux with the defense. The Villanova game was no fluke. They're young, they'll need to develop and we'll have to hope like hell that Coley is as good his brother.

Yep, they were getting jobbed by the officials early but this second half is just flat out bad D. I don't know how many missed tackles I've counted. You put the offense in catch up mode and force them to pass every play and ECU has an easy go of it on Defense.

To its destiny of being a bottom tier BCS conference, at least this year. Right now, WVU doesn't even look like it should be ranked, so that just leaves USF. After those top two teams, who is good?

Did I stump you Gesh?:D

Luckily there is always the ACC to prevent the Big East from ever reaching the cellar. WVU will bounce back and some of the other teams will step up as the season goes on. ECU should win at least 9-10 games this year so if WVU takes care of business there is plenty of time for them to get back up there in the rankings and the loss won't look as bad is it does now. It won't be the bowl that we all wanted, but by the time the end of the season arrives there will be development and the BEast will continue it's recent string of BCS wins.

Luckily there is always the ACC to prevent the Big East from ever reaching the cellar. WVU will bounce back and some of the other teams will step up as the season goes on. It won't be the bowl that we all wanted, but by the time the end of the season arrives there will be development and the BEast will continue it's recent string of BCS wins.

Ok, so basically you agree that no one is good after their top 2 teams, and then some more typical Big East bias from you.

It's way too early to judge the other teams... That is a question you should ask a month from now.

Well you were fine with calling the conference as a whole good before any games were played, so I find it interesting that after two weeks, it's now too early to judge the teams.

If USF wins today, that is the only team that looks good right now.

Yes, we have to wait to see what happens, but the OOC games, most of which are at the beginning of the season is what largely determines the rankings of conferences, at least until the bowl games.

Well you were fine with calling the conference as a whole good before any games were played, so I find it interesting that after two weeks, it's now too early to judge the teams.

Of course, with preseason predictions you pretty much have to judge w/o seeing, no? Now that the games have begun we see who is legit and who is not.

If USF wins today, that is the only team that looks good right now.

Yes, we have to wait to see what happens, but the OOC games, most of which are at the beginning of the season is what largely determines the rankings of conferences, at least until the bowl games.

True, but rough start not withstanding, when it's all said and done I do think the BEast teams will develop and the BEast will again represent itself well in the BCS just like it has in recent years. Will it be USF or WVU or someone else? With WVU's struggles, that is a question that I do not know the answer to.

I was at the UCF-USF game last night, and for you Big East lovers, USF showed some big resolve by winning the game, but they looked very shaky allowing UCF back in the game with that little time left.

FWIW I was only there for the first half b/c my 17 year old brother was ejected for fighting with a USF fan. Luckily I was recording it and was able to watch the rest of the game at home. And he's lucky I was given those tickets and that they were not payed for.

In honor of the Heels first road win in what seems like forever: Enjoy!

Here comes Carolina-lina.

Here comes Carolina-lina.

We hail from NCU.

We've got the spirit in it.

We've got the team to win it.

We wear the colors white and blue,

So it's fight, fight, fight for Carolina

As Davey did in days of old

As we gather round the Well

Cheer that Tar Heel team like hell

For the glory of NCU.

I'm a Tar Heel born.

I'm a Tar Heel bred.

And when I die I'll be a Tar Heel dead.

So it's rah rah Carolina-lina.

Rah rah Carolina-lina.

Rah rah Carolina-lina--go to hell State!

Archived