MLB (Orioles) suspended indefinitely

atomic

2 hours ago, atomic said:

Slowing down in summer would be great.  And South East Asia has lower numbers than you expect.  So hot humid weather might help.  That would help us here in Maryland. Not sure it would help the west coast.

Another hope is that German doctors say they have had some success with an anti-HIV drug.  

Your data has the hospitalization rates very low compared to reality. 

Numbers are from one of the top guys in the country on this and bio chemical warfare. He briefed hospitals with those numbers in late February,but as he said so many variables and no one has exact answers.

As for Fox,they started taking it more seriously when Ted Cruz and Rep Gosar,not the demon from Ghostbusters quarantined themselves due to contact with someone in CPAC with is infected..The President again today said it is like a cold. It is not the pandemic people expect to happen sooner or later but it is not the cold either.

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

Are they conducting more, less or the same number of tests from last week to this week? Of course the number are going to go up.  That is expected.  There are still people who are showing symptoms and aren’t being tested because they don’t fit into the previously returned from China number.  So how can you view any of these confirmed cases as complete information?  I’m asking you if you are getting this “it doubles every three days” from a reliable expert or you are inferring that from this lack of good data.

And just because people disagree with your proclamations that the baseball season will be cancelled and that 72M Americans will contract it by May unless there is a cure (there won’t be), that doesn’t mean people aren’t taking it seriously.

You have stated that you have read every article.  You’ve also said that it doubles every three days and that the infected rate in the States will be 70%.  I want to see those in an article.

If more tests are rolled out over the next couple of weeks and the confirmed cases are less than 15k (U.S) will you still hold onto your assumption that this virus will double every three days?

If there are less than 15k cases in two weeks and they are testing everyone that would be yeah than it would be a hype.  There are probably over 15k cases in US right now. They haven't even tested the 70 workers at that nursing home that have shown symptoms.   

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

If there are less than 15k cases in two weeks and they are testing everyone that would be yeah than it would be a hype.  There are probably over 15k cases in US right now. They haven't even tested the 70 workers at that nursing home that have shown symptoms.   

We are both saying that testing is inadequate to date.  If there currently 15k cases here already, like you pose, and if they can roll out several hundred tests over the next two weeks, then your expectation is that there will be over a quarter million cases reported.

Also, if there are 15k cases and 22 deaths, then doesn’t that put the expected death rate well under 3.5%?

32 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

We are both saying that testing is inadequate to date.  If there currently 15k cases here already, like you pose, and if they can roll out several hundred tests over the next two weeks, then your expectation is that there will be over a quarter million cases reported.

Also, if there are 15k cases and 22 deaths, then doesn’t that put the expected death rate well under 3.5%?

I think they are missing people who died because they aren't testing them before they die.  And Second you don't die instantly from this.  3 day incubation period than 8 to 14 days to need to be on a ventilator. If you look at the death to recovered ratios that never varies from 6 percent. 

Right now in the USA 22 have died and 15 have recovered.   What is that ratio?.  I think in the end 6 percent seems to be correct figure. We are two weeks behind Italy IMO.  They had 1800 new cases today and 100 deaths.  

29 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

In addition to the Mancini thread I think it might be time to lock this one too. It's just a woefully misinformed troll engaging in fearmongering and it's also starting to tread into the political territory.

Trolling?  Italy just cancelled all sporting events until April.  Israel just made anyone coming into the country to  be required to quarantine for 14 days. France says sporting events can't be played for crowds bigger than 1000 people.  I am not sure what fear mongering I am doing.  I am being realistic. Stock market down close to 8 percent today. Really are you that out of touch?  

9 minutes ago, atomic said:

Trolling?  Italy just cancelled all sporting events until April.  Israel just made anyone coming into the country to  be required to quarantine for 14 days. France says sporting events can't be played for crowds bigger than 1000 people.  I am not sure what fear mongering I am doing.  I am being realistic. Stock market down close to 8 percent today. Really are you that out of touch?  

Yes I'm so out of touch that I dumped all of my investments in a panic...oh wait that was you.  Have fun preparing for the apocalypse. 

How nice of them. Taking a  cruise now is crazy.

Princess Cruises also said Monday that because of “the extraordinary circumstances onboard Grand Princess,” the company would refund the cruise fare paid by guests and not charge them for “any onboard incidental charges” during their extra days stuck aboard the ship.

Also people are so stupid. Calling the Corona beer customer service and complaining to them for causing  the virus.

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1237088548051980295?s=20

From a public health management perspective the uncertainty over the mortality rate (and other things about the disease) is almost as bad as a high mortality rate itself. It's going to take a while (and a whole lot more testing and epidemiological surveillance) before we get a good number and more specifically know who exactly is at most risk. Until then, everyone is using the big heavy tools in the toolbox....like not charging quarantined cruise ship passengers for  incidental charges! The world has turned upside down.

At the current point in time.

The FLU is more deadly than CORNAVIRUS is.

With that said, the elderly, the young, and those with health risks are the most susceptible to this.

We should be aware of this situation, and monitor it, but the mass hype and hysteria are way out there.

There is a run on toilet paper, hand sanitizer, gloves and wipes. Prices have sky rocketed and people are jumping in to make their money.

I think those that run events that cater to the public, need to keep an eye on things and start having a contingency plan in place, that is prudent.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

At the current point in time.

The FLU is more deadly than CORNAVIRUS is.

With that said, the elderly, the young, and those with health risks are the most susceptible to this.

We should be aware of this situation, and monitor it, but the mass hype and hysteria are way out there.

There is a run on toilet paper, hand sanitizer, gloves and wipes. Prices have sky rocketed and people are jumping in to make their money.

I think those that run events that cater to the public, need to keep an eye on things and start having a contingency plan in place, that is prudent.

In other words, those with a compromised immune system.

xjBtdHN.gif

13 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

In other words, those with a compromised immune system.

xjBtdHN.gif

Sorry, I dont find the caption very funny as I have members in the category.

I do not believe this is the plaque that will wipe out 1/3 the population, but sadly for some, its a very real concern.