NYP: Alex Cobb Tipping Pitches

weams

5 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

The Astros alerted him to tipping his pitches (something to do with his glove) in 2017 after an awful start against them, but it was an apparent ruse intended to throw him off from their overt cheating. smh

I read that soon after Weams posted it and I wasn't quite sure what was going on. I thought it was what you said here Greg but wasn't sure. Man, it's like EVERY corner of the ML operations, front office and the actual team, were working on their own little methods of cheating and subterfuge. Like Corn said, next level stuff.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't hate it if, without the cheating, they're trying to get in someones head by letting them think they were tipping pitches when they really weren't.  

But...yeah, their cheating conspiracy takes it to a new level.

Yeah, that kind of seems like the old-time traditional ML cheating, which is ok. But it seems like it was just the tip of the iceberg.

When Cobb goes against them, he should hit as many in a row as he can before he gets thrown out.  Then whoever relieves him should do the same, followed by the next, until we have to forfeit.   And then march off the field banging trash can lids. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

When Cobb goes against them, he should hit as many in a row as he can before he gets thrown out.  Then whoever relieves him should do the same, followed by the next, until we have to forfeit.   And then march off the field banging trash can lids. 

The record is three by nine guys - I think only Dock Ellis did it starting out the game.

https://thestacks.deadspin.com/eleven-pitches-three-hit-batters-the-day-dock-ellis-w-1695974523

I think in this case a fastball to the noggin of the guy who told you that would be appropriate.  This is way worse than just cheating and I have no problem with Astro players getting injured.  If you are going to mess with peoples minds and be vindictive like this you should get what is coming for you.