MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

TV doctors. Dr Phil isn't a doctor and lost his licence in Texas to even do psychiatry. People take words of celebrities about how to think and behave. One celebrity actually said it is like being in a prison in a mansion in California. She has maids and cooks. I am so sad for her. Meanwhile got health care workers and supermarket people and many others really helping. 

This is a great answer ::

Dr.Phil is not and never has been a psychiatrist who are physicians.  He is a psychologist, who come from graduate schools of psychology, no medical training at all..Zero.  

• Like 1

Still a long way to go but last week looked real bleak.Plasma seemed to work but again anecdotal. So far 10 days at home and I think 15 in the hospital. 

It is with a full heart that I can let you all know today Carl took a giant step forward & left the ICU! He's now being treated in the Internal Medicine Covid-19 section of the hospital.  As I text this he's receiving his plasma transfusion.  
Again we're so grateful for all your kind words & prayers.  I know it helped bring Carl to this point.  I'd read or forward him EVERY message - EVERY night for the last 15! 
I'm pretty certain we're out of the woods & will let you know the next step when I hear. Thank you to everyone!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Still a long way to go but last week looked real bleak.Plasma seemed to work but again anecdotal. So far 10 days at home and I think 15 in the hospital. 

It is with a full heart that I can let you all know today Carl took a giant step forward & left the ICU! He's now being treated in the Internal Medicine Covid-19 section of the hospital.  As I text this he's receiving his plasma transfusion.  
Again we're so grateful for all your kind words & prayers.  I know it helped bring Carl to this point.  I'd read or forward him EVERY message - EVERY night for the last 15! 
I'm pretty certain we're out of the woods & will let you know the next step when I hear. Thank you to everyone!

Maybe Carl got some of that Kevin Durant plasma and he’ll start dunking.  Great news.  Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Except for the massive, prohibitively expensive, and time-consuming effort to transplant at least several thousand people of indeterminate COVID-19 status to the other side of the globe despite travel bans, taking all their stuff to play 15 games a day in the five stadiums that are currently being used by the CPBL.  While feeding, housing, clothing, quarantining...  sorry, missed the fact you were joking.

How would that be different than Arizona?

Anyway Governor Hogan was able to acquire 500,000 tests from Korea with help from his wife.  So that is a positive. 

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Praises and prayers for continued healing!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, atomic said:

How would that be different than Arizona?

Anyway Governor Hogan was able to acquire 500,000 tests from Korea with help from his wife.  So that is a positive. 

Taiwan is a separate country that speaks another language, has different laws and constitution, doesn't have official diplomatic relations with much of the world, and is 10,000 miles away?  Also, they have a five-team league that is currently occupying all five of their suitable stadiums, while Arizona has all the cactus league stadiums sitting open.

Taiwan is Arizona like I'm Angolan rebel leader Jonas Savimbi.  And you're clearly not serious.  Or not well.  I'll go with the serious part for now, I'm feeling charitable.

15 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

KBO has only been playing intrasquad games up to now. How could they have a bench-clearing brawl? With themselves?

EDIT: Found the incident you're describing, but it was in Taiwan, not Korea. Taiwanese baseball returned earlier this week.

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/sports/taiwan-baseball-brawl

My apologies, thanks for the correction.

12 hours ago, Going Underground said:

My thoughts and prayers with you.

Im well aware about looking bleak.

Lucky for me, the doctor tried the hydroxchloroquine and z-pack combo and that really turned things around for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Taiwan is a separate country that speaks another language, has different laws and constitution, doesn't have official diplomatic relations with much of the world, and is 10,000 miles away?  Also, they have a five-team league that is currently occupying all five of their suitable stadiums, while Arizona has all the cactus league stadiums sitting open.

Taiwan is Arizona like I'm Angolan rebel leader Jonas Savimbi.  And you're clearly not serious.  Or not well.  I'll go with the serious part for now, I'm feeling charitable.

Taiwan is an ally of the US.  They could play in 5 stadiums. Time difference than US so MLB teams could play at different times than local teams.  I don't see the mileage away means anything. The players would do a 14 day quarantine  which would give them plenty of time to recover from jet lag.  You could easily play 4 games a day in each stadium which would be enough for both MLB and local games.   

Language is irrelevant as they can bring over their own umpires and coaches.  Television crew can be handled by locals.  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Fans are suing MLB , teams and ticket agencies for refusing to refund money for cancelled games.  They are asking for class action status.  I am not sure how baseball is justifying keeping the money from fans. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2020/04/20/fans-sue-mlb-teams-over-ticket-money-ask-for-class-action/111577040/

Just join the long list of businesses not returning movie to consumers, airplane ticket, vacation rentals, concert tickets, etc.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Just join the long list of businesses not returning movie to consumers, airplane ticket, vacation rentals, concert tickets, etc.

I had a trip scheduled to Barbados in mid March and I cancelled past the cancel date and Hilton refunded all my money.  And the hotel wasn't even closed.  

17 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Dr.Phil is not and never has been a psychiatrist who are physicians.  He is a psychologist, who come from graduate schools of psychology, no medical training at all..Zero.  

Also got his graduate degree from University of North Texas.  Something like the 190th best graduate school for Psychology in the country.  So I wouldn't say he is even an expert in Psychology. 

17 minutes ago, atomic said:

I had a trip scheduled to Barbados in mid March and I cancelled past the cancel date and Hilton refunded all my money.  And the hotel wasn't even closed.  

glad you made out well, others are not so fortunate.

try doing that with a house rental with VRBO.

BTW, you also failed to mention the airline.

My airline wont refund my first class tickets, but will to give me a voucher to fly later with them.