MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

I have to agree with you. Other colleges like Florida State or UNLC, you can stake and just play sports.

Duke is ranked #10 in all academia, which put it above 3 of the IVY league schools.

Academically the kids coming into Duke playing Men's basketball aren't significantly different than the ones that go to University of North Carolina.  

I am not sure why people on here are so against people who worked hard to get into top universities academically. Most of them played sports in high school and did other activities.  

Getting into top college programs for Men's basketball and Men's football is not about how smart you are or how hard you work it is about how well you play sports.  I am not sure why this controversial.  Or why someone needs to make a joke about me when I am not the one who is paying coaches in these sports  more than the dean of the universities.   

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Academically the kids coming into Duke playing Men's basketball aren't significantly different than the ones that go to University of North Carolina.  

I am not sure why people on here are so against people who worked hard to get into top universities academically. Most of them played sports in high school and did other activities.  

Getting into top college programs for Men's basketball and Men's football is not about how smart you are or how hard you work it is about how well you play sports.  I am not sure why this controversial.  Or why someone needs to make a joke about me when I am not the one who is paying coaches in these sports  more than the dean of the universities.   

My point is that "lazy" people don't get good enough at basketball to get a free ride at Duke.  Duke gets to pick the players they want and they aren't going to pick someone who is lazy.

You can apply yourself and have a solid work ethic in endeavors that are not academic.

22 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Nice backtracking by the TV doctor.Dr.Phil we need you.

Im alive because of hydroxchloroquine.

I am also sure it doesnt work on everybody.

But why not try it on the patients? Its not like an experimental drug, its a known drug that many other countries are using with good results.

18 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Im alive because of hydroxchloroquine.

I am also sure it doesnt work on everybody.

But why not try it on the patients? Its not like an experimental drug, its a known drug that many other countries are using with good results.

Because more people are dying using the drug  than  people not using it.  Just because you got better while on the drug does not mean it was the drug that helped you.  

9 minutes ago, atomic said:

Because more people are dying using the drug  than  people not using it.  Just because you got better while on the drug does not mean it was the drug that helped you.  

I am not sure about that.The VA study was done on patients who unfortunately were real sick and probably going to die anyhow Based on what type of drug it is , it might have benefits in certain patients. Just have to be careful of doses and people with arrhythmias. We shall see.None of the drugs are a cure for coornavirus .

41 minutes ago, atomic said:

I would love to see you back this claim up, with a valid reliable source and not an attack on Trump.

Considering our death rate is half of what the world is seeing, and I suspect that if China and Korean numbers were honest, then that death rate would be even more higher than it currently is.

Even with treatment, this is a very deadly virus, people are dying from it. Especially those with underling medical conditions.

People have died from home treatments using hydroxychloroquine for fish tanks, shouldnt be counted as the cause, just plain stupidity.

from the Washington Times:

An international poll of more than 6,000 doctors released Thursday found that the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly rated treatment for the novel coronavirus.

The survey conducted by Sermo, a global health care polling company, of 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37% of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

Of the physicians surveyed, 3,308 said they had either ordered a COVID-19 test or been involved in caring for a coronavirus patient, and 2,171 of those responded to the question asking which medications were most effective.

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Uh, so any update on when MLB could start?

No,but maybe dirt track racing Saturday.

South Dakota dirt track plans race with 700 spectators despite governor 'strongly' recommending fans not to go https://sports.yahoo.com/south-dakota-dirt-track-plans-race-with-700-spectators-despite-governor-strongly-recommending-fans-not-to-go-235753286.html

45 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I would love to see you back this claim up, with a valid reliable source and not an attack on Trump.

Considering our death rate is half of what the world is seeing, and I suspect that if China and Korean numbers were honest, then that death rate would be even more higher than it currently is.

Even with treatment, this is a very deadly virus, people are dying from it. Especially those with underling medical conditions.

People have died from home treatments using hydroxychloroquine for fish tanks, shouldnt be counted as the cause, just plain stupidity.

from the Washington Times:

Here is a real study instead of conjecture.  This is by Veteran's Health Administration centers 

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/493931-largest-analysis-of-hydroxychloroquine-use-finds-no-benefit-increased

I am glad you got better but it appears that this drug leads to less chance of getting better.  Also, I am not sure why you are bringing political discussion into this.