The baseball Gods hate me: Orioles rained out on my Bday (sim)

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

How much do the baseball Gods hate me this year? Even the sim rained out my Orioles game fix today on my birthday! :D

O's and Red Sox rained out and will be made up as a double header tomorrow.

The happiest of birthdays. A monumental one. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do the O's get an extra roster spot for the double header?  If so any idea who gets the nod?

OOTP is deep, but not quite that deep.

From one of the developers:

But yeah, the simple fact of "double-header today give an extra roster spot" is pretty easy, but it's all the other stuff. You have to make sure when you're evaluating trading logic that teams aren't trying to build a 26-man roster and value a trade differently whether they have a double-header on that day or not. You probably want to make sure they're not making a waiver claim just for that 26th man spot. You need to make sure that roster logic doesn't go haywire when teams have an extra roster spot every couple weeks, causing them to churn through player options or DFA guys and whatnot.

Probably a bunch of other stuff too. I'd love to have this in, don't get me wrong. But it's definitely a lot more than a 5 minute fix.

My solution would be to not have an extra roster spot because, really. You can't manage a 25/26-man roster for a season like pretty much everyone has done for 120 years?  Especially now with the 3-batter rule, you don't have to have five guys who just face one batter a game.  I'd prefer a game with 21-man rosters where managers would really have hard choices, not just figuring out if their 8th- or 9th-best reliever was juuuust right for two out in the 7th.  Strategy comes from difficult, unintuitive decisions.  Not from acquiescing to managers' desires to do anything they want at any moment.

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

OOTP is deep, but not quite that deep.

From one of the developers:

My solution would be to not have an extra roster spot because, really. You can't manage a 25/26-man roster for a season like pretty much everyone has done for 120 years?  Especially now with the 3-batter rule, you don't have to have five guys who just face one batter a game.  I'd prefer a game with 21-man rosters where managers would really have hard choices, not just figuring out if their 8th- or 9th-best reliever was juuuust right for two out in the 7th.  Strategy comes from difficult, unintuitive decisions.  Not from acquiescing to managers' desires to do anything they want at any moment.

I think that's the key. With the 26th man already, not sure they need to add another slot.