AFTER VELAZQUEZ TIES IT IN 9TH, YANKEES WALK OFF IN 14TH IN 5-4 WIN (sim)

Tony-OH

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I have to give Santander a bit of a break here, as the combination of the wind and the sun (cloudless day) really messed with the ball there. 

Come on, you know if the official scorer gave an error to an outfielder the misplay was pretty egregious.  I bet that if Mountcastle had made that mistake the board would be in a frenzy.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Come on, you know if the official scorer gave an error to an outfielder the misplay was pretty egregious.  I bet that if Mountcastle had made that mistake the board would be in a frenzy.

Hey, it looked routine until you see the other factors.

Plus, Mountcastle can do no right in the field. Didn’t you get the email or did it get sent to the spam box again?

• weams changed the title to AFTER VELAZQUEZ TIES IT IN 9TH, YANKEES WALK OFF IN 14TH IN 5-4 WIN (sim)
13 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks Tony.

It's honestly funny how realistic these games feel.  Like, I could definitely see the Orioles season playing out in just this manner, down to the back and forth of an April extra innings loss in the Bronx (complete with the anger of staying up late on a worknight to watch).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

Thanks Tony.

It's honestly funny how realistic these games feel.  Like, I could definitely see the Orioles season playing out in just this manner, down to the back and forth of an April extra innings loss in the Bronx (complete with the anger of staying up late on a worknight to watch).

Yesterday was the first time I got annoyed during the sim. Watching the team flail away and strikeout so much was getting frustrating.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yesterday was the first time I got annoyed during the sim. Watching the team flail away and strikeout so much was getting frustrating.

I am learning that if a starting pitcher like Wojo or Milone can get through a lineup 3 times, that's damn good and don't press your luck.

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I am learning that if a starting pitcher like Wojo or Milone can get through a lineup 3 times, that's damn good and don't press your luck.

The bullpen management portion of the game is certainly fun. Trying to navigate through a bullpen without wearing them all out with starters that you are lucky can get through an order three times can be a challenge. That's why I have two long relievers and several middle guys who can extend.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

The bullpen management portion of the game is certainly fun. Trying to navigate through a bullpen without wearing them all out with starters that you are lucky can get through an order three times can be a challenge. That's why I have two long relievers and several middle guys who can extend.

I agree.  I brought up Kohl Stewart who's listed as a starter.  But he's my "Oh crap, my starter can't make it out of the 3rd and my bullpen is tired" guy who can mop up a game that's gotten out of hand.  

12 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

@#!% %!@#! %@!$ &%!@

In my sim, Hunter Harvey is already hurt.  Thankfully it's not the arm, it's a leg injury.  But he's out for 5 weeks.

So I scoured my minors, Marcos Diplan is actually performing well.  So I bring him up.  And what does he do?  First appearance, he drills Tim Anderson, touches off a brawl and gets SUSPENDED FOR NINE GAMES.  Apparently the league felt that Diplan was at fault because Anderson only got 4 games.  

At one point I was 5-5 and thinking...hey, this team might not be that bad.  Now I'm 10-24 and wondering how my staff will make it through the season.

In other words, it's feeling like the real thing.

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

@#!% %!@#! %@!$ &%!@

In my sim, Hunter Harvey is already hurt.  Thankfully it's not the arm, it's a leg injury.  But he's out for 5 weeks.

So I scoured my minors, Marcos Diplan is actually performing well.  So I bring him up.  And what does he do?  First appearance, he drills Tim Anderson, touches off a brawl and gets SUSPENDED FOR NINE GAMES.  Apparently the league felt that Diplan was at fault because Anderson only got 4 games.  

At one point I was 5-5 and thinking...hey, this team might not be that bad.  Now I'm 10-24 and wondering how my staff will make it through the season.

In other words, it's feeling like the real thing.

OOTP has always been known for it's realistic outcomes though sometimes surprises can happen. When a team''s best players are only rated as three star players (out of five) you are not going to be very good. 

So far the pitching staff for the most part have out performed their norms, but the team is still 4-9. Maybe this whole virus thing is to make sure the Orioles don't lose 100 games for the 3rd straight year? :D

• Haha 1