NEW 60 GAME Proposal [Baseball is Back!]

weams

48 minutes ago, weams said:

Ok split the difference and go with 65.  What a week we thought MLB would screw it up  last week now the NBA deal seems to be falling apart no because of COVID though and NFL having Fauci say there could be no football if rates stay same.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

Ok split the difference and go with 65.  What a week we thought MLB would screw it up  last week now the NBA deal seems to be falling apart no because of COVID though and NFL having Fauci say there could be no football if rates stay same.  

Exactly. We’re so close now. Just play the damn thing. They could beat the NBA back by 10 days. If they blow this, the owners and players deserve each other. 

I can fairly easily work up a 60-game schedule in which each AL East team plays four three-game series against each other AL East team (48 games), plus one three-game series against each of four NL East teams (12 games).

A 70-game schedule would be possible by having each AL East team play four three-game series and one two-game series against each other AL East team (56 games), plus one three-game series against each of four NL East teams and one two-game series against the other NL East team (14 games).  Some teams would get a couple more home games than other teams, though I'm not sure how much the home field advantage matters if there are no fans.

For a 65-game schedule, you'd need to have each AL East team play three three-game series and two two-game series against each other AL East team (52 games), plus one three-game series against each of three NL East teams and one two-game series against each of two NL East teams (13 games).

60, 65, or 70, they're all doable.

Play ball!

Edited by WillyM
  • Thanks 1

This is like two guys standing in a burning house, each one of them with a fire hose, and yet neither turns it on because each wants to prove to the other they can tolerate more misery.

And of course, eventually, the house is going to fall in on both of them.

• Upvote 1

• weams changed the title to NEW 60 GAME Proposal [Players counter with ~70-REJECTED!](No 2020 Baseball without a "Hold Harmless" Waiver)
1 minute ago, weams said:

They should just give up a season.  Neither side really wants one and I don’t think players health will be affected by it but if a whole team gets infected during the mini season what do you do? They would be out for two weeks.  Shut it down and hope you get it straightened out by April.  Without fans I don’t see the point to baseball anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, atomic said:

NWSL opens their season on June 27th at 1230 PM with a game to be aired on CBS.  Maybe they can gain some fans with the other sports sidelined.  

I am sure everyone has an alert set on there phone for that.  Maybe they can play at Camden Yards too!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

I am sure everyone has an alert set on there phone for that.  Maybe they can play at Camden Yards too!

No they were pretty smart and they picked Utah where the virus hasn't been much of a problem.   They will be on a major free network while does baseball even have regular seasons game on over the air networks?   

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

No they were pretty smart and they picked Utah where the virus hasn't been much of a problem.   They will be on a major free network while does baseball even have regular seasons game on over the air networks?   

Yes.  Fox airs many Saturday games during the summer.

The Bundy Doesn’t Cover Home game was on Fox.

40 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Yes.  Fox airs many Saturday games during the summer.

The Bundy Doesn’t Cover Home game was on Fox.

Oh I didn't even realize that.   I thought they only had the Sunday night games on ESPN.  

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I think the general consensus will be...WHO CARES

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, CarrRun49 said:

I think the general consensus will be...WHO CARES

Just because you don't care doesn't mean other people don't care. I am not sure why you have a hostile attitude towards it. If people didn't care it wouldn't be on CBS.