MASN not showing exhibition games

Legend_Of_Joey

18 hours ago, accinfo said:

MASN is saying they aren't broadcasting the exhibition games to put there employees at risk for games that don't count.  I don't think they are broadcasting them on radio as well.  

16 hours ago, atomic said:

Well why put them at risk for regular season games? I mean the games are on for people to watch. Whether they count or not is pretty irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Oriole1940 said:

Sounds like BS to me.   Get the shovel out time.  

19 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, if it doesn't cost anything.

19 hours ago, scOtt said:

You'd think they would do at least ONE of these games! It's the freaking network of BOTH teams! After all this downtime the people are STARVED for some baseball. You'd think they'd SELL OUT the advertising for one of these games, probably for both! What are they going to show instead? ESPNNews? WSOP? How's the ad revenue on those MASN????

It’s always about the money. 

So I'm curious to see.  It sounds to me as if MASN is only broadcasting home games (all MLB teams are only doing home games).  So either next week, MASN will show the Red Sox broadcast or Orioles fans won't be able to see it(MLB.TV is only showing NESN broadcast for how to view it?  I'm not real clear on it.  As for not showing the exhibition games, I mean, it sucks, but I'm not going to argue it.  More games = more risk.  Interesting that the Nationals hired their own video crew to stream it.  Wonder how pissed Angelos and co.  are about that.  Personally, I still don't see why MASN can't have Palmer and Thorne broadcast from their home office, using the camera footage from NESN like they've been doing with KBO on ESPN.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jarman86 said:

So I'm curious to see.  It sounds to me as if MASN is only broadcasting home games (all MLB teams are only doing home games).  So either next week, MASN will show the Red Sox broadcast or Orioles fans won't be able to see it(MLB.TV is only showing NESN broadcast for how to view it?  I'm not real clear on it.  As for not showing the exhibition games, I mean, it sucks, but I'm not going to argue it.  More games = more risk.  Interesting that the Nationals hired their own video crew to stream it.  Wonder how pissed Angelos and co.  are about that.  Personally, I still don't see why MASN can't have Palmer and Thorne broadcast from their home office, using the camera footage from NESN like they've been doing with KBO on ESPN.  

All the games are suppose to be on MASN.  Not sure if announcers will travel or broadcast from Home studio for road games. 

OK... for what it is worth I have at bat on my phone and it’s showing both games vs Nats airing on MASN. The home team is listed as MASN for both games and the game in DC Tuesday is listed as well as being on 105.7. 

Now maybe it’s not accurate but it is what my phone is showing.  

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

All the games are suppose to be on MASN.  Not sure if announcers will travel or broadcast from Home studio for road games. 

Yeah, I don't know, I just know next friday, as of yesterday, my phone showed only Red Sox broadcasts.  

Just now, jarman86 said:

Yeah, I don't know, I just know next friday, as of yesterday, my phone showed only Red Sox broadcasts.  

Still that way today. 

They must not have updated it all yet and I don’t trust them showing the 2 games vs Nats airing on MASN either. Who knows. 

23 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Right this second... the Nats intrasquad game is airing on MLB.tv.  

Very cool - thanks for that!  Players, I assume pitchers, doing the radar gun behind home with mask.  Players in dugout with masks.

Honestly, I couldn’t care less.    I’ve waited this long, I can wait another week to watch some baseball.    It will be interesting to see (1) how much baseball I end up watching in this shortened season, and (2) what the TV ratings are like this year both at the local level and on nationally televised games.    Are people baseball-starved, or have they found new ways to spend their summer evenings that they like just as well or better?    I’ll admit, I miss baseball, but not as much as I thought I would.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Honestly, I couldn’t care less.    I’ve waited this long, I can wait another week to watch some baseball.    It will be interesting to see (1) how much baseball I end up watching in this shortened season, and (2) what the TV ratings are like this year both at the local level and on nationally televised games.    Are people baseball-starved, or have they found new ways to spend their summer evenings that they like just as well or better?    I’ll admit, I miss baseball, but not as much as I thought I would.   

I would think the ratings would be good early on, will be interesting to see if ratings hold as season goes on. 

Obviously if College football is limited that will have an impact. Also will have NBA and NHL competition soon.  

42 minutes ago, billhatf said:

Could someone clarify please?  If only home games are on MASN, does this mean mlb is lifting their blackouts, or are we shut out from all away games??

That sounds like bogus information to me.   All the regular season games are on MASN.

If Jarman has other information, he should provide a source.   No one else is claiming MASN is only doing home games.

The programming grid for Verizon FIOS shows both Friday and Saturday's games in Fenway on MASN.