Marlins ( and now Phillies) season(s) on pause, O's to host Yankees on Wednesday and Thursday

MurphDogg

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

I'm glad we agree. The baseball season should be cancelled right now. No one should be put at risk by silly sports that are the very poster child of non-essential.

Non-essential for everyone except the thousands of people who make under $100k who will be out of work if games are not played. 

10 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Article online says 18 and that was at 2:29 PM yesterday.

Sadly like ALL COVID reporting numbers, there is inaccuracy rampant.

18 total at the time. 15 players, 2 coaches, visiting clubby.

Only time the player number went down was 2 days ago when it was initially reported as 12 (up from the 3 pregame on Sunday) then corrected to 11 after an hour or so.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

15 players, 2 coaches, visiting clubby.

Seems baseball on field protocols are working pretty good. Based on the test results so far it did not spread to the Phillies which as a player would make me feel pretty good. And if Marlin players did go to a strip club (as has been rumored) I am sure it was just for a to go order of wings and left immediately after picking up the order.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, weams said:

o

That was the "Midnight Massacre" season for the Mets, when they traded both Tom Seaver and Dave Kingman on the same day in mid-June.

The previous season (1976), Kingman was in line to become the first player since Willie Mays in 1965 to hit 50 or more home runs in a single season before he tore ligaments in his thumb diving for a ball in the outfield, causing him to miss 6 weeks of the season. Prior to the injury, he had hit 32 Home Runs in only 90 games.

Mets Trade Seaver to the Reds and Kingman Is Sent to Padres

(By Parton Keese)

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/06/16/archives/mets-trade-seaver-to-the-reds-and-kingman-is-sent-to-padres.html

The Midnight Massacre Resurrected | Metsmerized Online

o

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

That was the "Midnight Massacre" season for the Mets, when they traded both Tom Seaver and Dave Kingman on the same day in mid-June.

The previous season (1976), Kingman was in line to become the first player since Willie Mays in 1965 to hit 50 or more home runs in a single season before he tore ligaments in his thumb diving for a ball in the outfield, causing him to miss 6 weeks of the season. Prior to the injury, he had hit 32 Home Runs in only 90 games.

Mets Trade Seaver to the Reds and Kingman Is Sent to Padres

(By Parton Keese)

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/06/16/archives/mets-trade-seaver-to-the-reds-and-kingman-is-sent-to-padres.html

o

Reminds me of my killer leisure suit that I thought was stunning.

Now, looking back, wondering how did I ever get laid, wearing it LMBO

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, gtown said:

Yep, I'm expecting Monday and Tuesday's games to be against the Marlins. The Phillies would play New York.

How will the Marlins field a team any time soon? Will any teams be willing to travel to Miami and will any governors let the team into the state with half the team positive?