Holaday added to roster

MurphDogg

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I am unconvinced about Stewart, but as slim as it is, he has a greater chance than Smith to be more than he is, so no. 

I didn't say I agreed with playing him more than DJ.   Just noted that it seems to be happening.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you are going to option Sisco now you might as well trade or release him at this point.

The catcher sits right is front of the ump and  is very close to each batter.  They are exposed.  Probably not a good time to trade or release a catcher.

Just now, wildcard said:

The catcher sits right is front of the ump and  is very close to each batter.  They are exposed.  Probably not a good time to trade or release a catcher.

You don't say?

Notice I didn't say that I thought they would.

If they think so little of Sisco he can't make this team, with the way Severino is playing defense, I don't see how he could ever have a future on this team.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You don't say?

Notice I didn't say that I thought they would.

If they think so little of Sisco he can't make this team, with the way Severino is playing defense, I don't see how he could ever have a future on this team.

Rutschman has a future as a catcher with the O's.   Other catching positions are up for grabs.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Huh?

None of our current catchers will be part of any competitive Orioles teams of the future. The can be used during this season, however long it lasts, in any way the O's want to use them. That includes trading Pedro Severino if he keeps hitting. 

21 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I didn't say I agreed with playing him more than DJ.   Just noted that it seems to be happening.

I’ve noticed that too, and I’m curious about it. I mean Stewart maybe terrible he may be fine, but we’re not going to find out one way or the other until we play him.

Smith, on the other hand, is about is known quantity as known quantities can get.

So I am with you on this one.

30 minutes ago, Philip said:

I am unconvinced about Stewart, but as slim as it is, he has a greater chance than Smith to be more than he is, so no. 

Agreed. My only thought is that Dwight Smith Jr. is being played right now in the off chance they can trade him for a shiny bucket of balls. I'd be surprised if he's ahead of Stewart on the "depth chart" though I agree with you that the chance of either being a major part of the future is not good.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Agreed. My only thought is that Dwight Smith Jr. is being played right now in the off chance they can trade him for a shiny bucket of balls. I'd be surprised if he's ahead of Stewart on the "depth chart" though I agree with you that the chance of either being a major part of the future is not good.

The new balls?