O's-Nats Game Suspended

cboemmeljr

2 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

If the Orioles blow the lead on Friday, I at least want them to file a useless complaint, just to be on the record.

o

If the Orioles are going to file a complaint and/or protest the game, I would hope that they would file it beforehand.

o

Sorry, I didn't realize this conversation had moved over here from the game thread.  I just posted this in the game thread:

To me, saying that the tarpaulin malfunctioned is to say it is ripped, has a hole in it, or somehow failed to prevent water from going through it.  The home team hiring the Keystone Kops as its grounds crew is hardly a malfunction of the tarpaulin.  The rule includes "unintentional operator error."  That part of the rule should be eliminated, IMO.  This was ridiculous, and the home team should be held accountable.  If the home team is behind - game over.  If the home team is ahead - suspended game.  Simple and fair.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

If the Orioles are going to file a complaint and/or protest the game, I would hope that they would file it beforehand.

o

Since the rule includes "unintentional operator error," there is no rules violation and, therefore, no grounds for protest.  The rule is a bad one, as written, IMO.  Yes, they can file a complaint, but that isn't time sensitive as far as the game is concerned, and means nothing for this season; but might help spur action as far as a future rules change preventing such a farce in future seasons.

o

OK, all anger and tongue-in-cheek humor aside, this is one of those things which good teams find a way to overcome and persevere.

Shit happens in life, and Major League Baseball is no exception ........ I was watching the game on WPIX-11 here in Brewster in August of 1978 in which the Orioles were the beneficiary of a very questionable rule when they were playing the Yankees at Memorial Stadium. With the Orioles leading by a score of 3-0, the Yankees scored 5 runs in the top of the 7th inning to take a 5-3 lead (or so they thought.) The Orioles were batting in the bottom half of the inning when torrential downpours came, forcing the game to be delayed. When the rain stopped, the field was no longer playable. Under the rules at the time, since the entire 7th inning had not yet been completed, they went backwards to the last full inning that was completed ........ which meant that the 5 runs that the Yankees scored were wiped away, and the Orioles were declared winners of the game by a score of 3-0.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL197808130.shtml

So to make a long story a little bit longer, the Orioles need to simply suck it up and complete the win on Friday ........ shit happens, and good teams roll with the punches when it does, they don't scream bloody murder because of an injustice.

o

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes.  Had to make it baseball related.  ?

And that's a sweet sample in that one, two actually.

Prime '91 hip hop.

Third Bass was an epic 90s rap group...Steppin to the AM and Triple Stage Darkness are legit. Serch being goofy looking hurt the band IMO. However producing Nas’s first album is a career...in any league.

Also scew the Nats and their nonsense ground crew. Next time they’ll just have the sprinklers accidentally malfunction.

Stupid baseball history today maybe .............Game suspended to to ground crew.......SAD........SAD........SAD American Sports History Being Made as I Type This ..........NCAA Having Meetings Today Preparing to CANCEL College Football .

Just now, HOF19 said:

Stupid baseball history today maybe .............Game suspended to to ground crew.......SAD........SAD........SAD American Sports History Being Made as I Type This ..........NCAA Having Meetings Today Preparing to CANCEL College Football .

#1 headline on Detroit Free Press newspaper website >>>>>>……” Feels All But Official ……Big 10 Football is Doomed “ Which most feel will start a domino affect nationwide .☹️