R. Mountcastle
R. Ruiz 3B
P. Valaika 1B
D. Stewart RF
M. Williams CF

Keegan Akin LHP

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

While Sanchez isn't catching tonight, anyone notice him catching Britton last night in game 1?  He squats low to the ground a la Tony Pena and he did it with men on base.  Granted, Mountcastle was on 2nd and I think Velasquez was on 1st with one out so you're not talking lightning speed on the base paths.  I think it would have been worthwhile to steal 3rd and 2nd at that point.  No way Sanchez throws out anyone.  (I saw posts about Mountcastle's speed overnight).

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, 86this said:

While Sanchez isn't catching tonight, anyone notice him catching Britton last night in game 1?  He squats low to the ground a la Tony Pena and he did it with men on base.  Granted, Mountcastle was on 2nd and I think Velasquez was on 1st with one out so you're not talking lightning speed on the base paths.  I think it would have been worthwhile to steal 3rd and 2nd at that point.  No way Sanchez throws out anyone.  (I saw posts about Mountcastle's speed overnight).

Depends a lot on Sanchez' arm. I don't know if it's strong or not, whether he could throw out anyone from that position.

Haven't thought about Tony Pena in years... :)

Couldn't find vid of his butt ON THE GROUND catching but found this.

30 minutes ago, 86this said:

Is career CS are a bit over league average and a bit under this year.  Mountcastle is faster this year but he only has 29 total stolen bases in his pro career, so I don't think he's a threat to run.