Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Schoop hit his 23rd to put the Twins at 300 HR mark.   Watching his upper cut swing and what would usually just be a fly ball out then sail out of the park and his slow, slow, slow trot, I felt two things....This homer happy, slow pitch softball game going on now is sickening to watch AND  Schoop is hefty, hefty, hefty...moves like  a slow bus. 

The Minnesota Twins on Thursday became the first team in major league history to hit 300 home runs in a season.

And they weren't done there.

No. 300 was a two-run shot by Jonathan Schoop off Detroit Tigers pitcher Jose Cisnero in the seventh inning of the Twins' 10-4 victory. It was Schoop's 23rd homer of the season.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27708619/having-blast-twins-become-1st-hit-300-hrs

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m going to sound like a sour puss here, but for years there has been a thread tracking ex-Orioles over in the MLB forum.    This thread is kind of redundant, but I understood it was set up specifically to track the guys we traded at last year’s deadline.    Now it’s just turned into a thread about all ex-Orioles.    To me, it should be merged with the other thread and put in the MLB forum where it’s always been.

Probably should be moved back to orioles forum. I dont read this subforum too often and like to hear how ex Orioles ate doing. 

12 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Some of us real old timers remember back to the sepia-toned days of 1995 when the all-time team home run mark was 240, and the #2 mark was 225.

The '61 Yanks, of Mantle and Maris both chasing Ruth, are now 28th.  Five spots behind those legendary 2019 Blue Jays.  You remember, that team that Randal Grichuk threw on his back and single-handedly carried to 60-some wins?

On 9/28/2019 at 12:50 PM, murph said:

Oliver Drake got the W in the clinching game for the Rays last night. 

Learned this morning that Drake (a RHP) was one of the toughest pitchers on left handed hitters this year, holding them to ~140/160/180.  He basically throws his splitter 80% of the time, and is perhaps a rare genuine reverse splits guy now.

So I guess his splitter is today's Jesse Orosco snapdragon, and he'll probably get Yordan Alvarez and/or Michael Brantley a couple times this ALDS.

• Upvote 2