Who are the #21 and #22 Prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the #21 and #22 Prospects?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the #21 and #22 Prospects?

• Kyle Bradish and Kevin Smith
    • Adam Hall and Kyle Bradish
    • Kevin Smith and Bruce Zimmermann
    • Kyle Stowers and Tyler Nevin
    • Bruce Zimmermann and Kyle Bradish

This poll is closed to new votes

21 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

I think a case could be made for Adam Hall being in the 10-12 range. I'm interested to read why he's fallen so far in your rankings.

I don’t think Hall has really fallen in Tony’s rankings, at least, so far.   The only guy who was on last year’s list and jumped Hall was Hernaiz, and Tony explained that it’s because Hernaiz showed up a lot stronger in camp this year.   So it’s more a case of moving Hernaiz up than moving Hall down.    

So far this year we have the following new players placed ahead of Hall: Kjerstad, Westburg, Vavra, Haskin, Mayo, Baumler.  My guess is that a couple of those guys might be below Hall next year, once we’ve actually seen them play professionally.     Until then, Tony’s going on upside.   

Maybe I am feeling shiny new toy syndrome or over-happy we get one last (LOL) Mets deal done before a regime change, but I'm feeling my brakes pumped a little by Smith's fall here.

SEC late bloomer that validated his draft year growth his first full pro year, earned an org Pitcher of Year award and some AA success - I'm a bit more excited to see him pitch next year than a few of the guys ahead of him.

One other layer of the onion is that Elias trades have more often gone down the platter fork in the road, and Smith is the first time he's closed for one guy with a marketable asset.  Heck, I even have an Easton Lucas candle lit for One Guy trades, though accepting the 30 clubs general consensus Villar was a dicey tender.