MASN now streaming.

eddie83

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Take a look. It was the difference between December and January. they had charged me for a box that I had returned so i went and compared my bills and I was like WTF? Plus MD raised their taxes $20 a month as well. 

OK I'll check that out when I get home.   I pay in one monthly bill for internet & TV, and I recall it going up a dollar or so here or there but nothing more than that.   Thanks.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Can someone help me out and tell me what it says?   Social media is blocked here on the work computer, and I won't be home for another 5 hours or so.  Will be much appreciated.

The broadcast team is Geoff Arnold, Kevin Brown, Scott Garceau, Brett Hollander, Rob Long, Ben McDonald, Melanie Newman and Jim Palmer.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

OK I'll check that out when I get home.   I pay in one monthly bill for internet & TV, and I recall it going up a dollar or so here or there but nothing more than that.   Thanks.

Yeah, let me know what your fees and taxes are if you want. I'd like to compare since we both are in Howard County and both have FIOS.

11 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Can someone help me out and tell me what it says?   Social media is blocked here on the work computer, and I won't be home for another 5 hours or so.  Will be much appreciated.

It's announcing the 2021 Orioles broadcasting team. If you can't see this GIF; it's Geoff Arnold, Kevin Brown, Scott Garceau, Brett Hollander, Rob Long, Ben McDonald, Melanie Newman and Jim Palmer calling the games on television and radio this upcoming season. 

EsmMxxmXAAIVYQS?format=jpg&name=small

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

The bolded part is why it's BS.

Cable subscriptions suck.  The part that SG and I are griping about is that it's not a part of something like YouTube TV or another TV streaming product.  

If you want to cut the cable cord, there are a lot of great ways to do it...I really like YouTubeTV.  It drives me crazy that MASN isn't a part of it, but CSN DC is, so I can watch the Wizards (big deal, I don't care) but not the Orioles/Nats.  

You do have the option of AT&T TV.  Their $85/mo. package includes MASN.   https://thestreamable.com/channels/masn

I wonder if Palmer is going to be like the Indians fans at the beginning of Major League....who are these guys?   I can only recollect him in a booth with Thorne or Hunter for a long long time.   It'll be a privilege for whatever PBP person gets that plum.

(I did not see very much day to day in 2020 when his availability was limited).

11 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

AT&T TV NOW's $85 Choice package (the one with MASN) includes HBO Max for the first year, so if you would otherwise subscribe to that at full price, it is fairly competitive with the Hulu Live / Youtube TV & FuboTV packages. Can also save $25-$40 in cash or airline / credit card miles through click-through portals.

Of course the family is now pretty vested in Hulu, and that comes with Disney+ and ESPN+ for as long as you have Hulu.  I'm probably not going to switch to a more expensive, different service that doesn't include Disney/ESPN+ just for MASN.  I'll figure out other Oriole solutions. 

I listened to 80% of the games on AM radio until well into high school, I'll be okay.

Also, MASN is developing an app.  Who else expects it to be, well, less than state of the art, and not available on a bunch of platforms?  I have a Roku smart TV, so fully expect it to not be available on Roku.  This is the same network that was broadcasting in standard definition like three years after everyone else went HD.

Where's @RShack to tell us how huge of an investment it is to develop an app, and how it's unrealistic it is to expect any network to get this going in under 24 months? :)

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Of course the family is now pretty vested in Hulu, and that comes with Disney+ and ESPN+ for as long as you have Hulu.  I'm probably not going to switch to a more expensive, different service that doesn't include Disney/ESPN+ just for MASN.  I'll figure out other Oriole solutions. 

I listened to 80% of the games on AM radio until well into high school, I'll be okay.

I understand, they make cord-cutting complicated with all the bundling. We have Hulu through Spotify and I paid a discounted annual fee for Disney+. I have considered ESPN+ for Bundesliga soccer (go Dortmund!) which I got into when it was among the first sports back early on with the pandemic, but have yet to pull the trigger, probably will in the fall when college football is back to normal as well.

4 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You mean we don't all just read the boards and look at FG or Savant later....

I have no idea how I'm going to sit through three hours if I'm lucky enough to have a grade schooler who would abide sitting through three hours (here's Tanner Scott taking 36 seconds to throw this next pitch really really fast) in a few years.   

But at least the team could be fair to middlin'.