Maikel Franco Deal with Os Final

LookinUp

Just now, oriole said:

Good lord, I can see why the man held out for so long. If this was the best offer he received he’s gotta be frustrated. 

Misread his market.  The agents for so many of these players don’t serve them well.

Os have always been a good landing spot for him.  It’s possible that he could hit well enough to parlay this year into some kind of a 2/10 type deal in 2022.  

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Misread his market.  The agents for so many of these players don’t serve them well.

Os have always been a good landing spot for him.  It’s possible that he could hit well enough to parlay this year into some kind of a 2/10 type deal in 2022.  

Why, because other teams don’t know that OPACY is a hitter-friendly ballpark?   By the way, the Philly ballpark where Franco spent most of his career is even more hitter-friendly.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Why, because other teams don’t know that OPACY is a hitter-friendly ballpark?   By the way, the Philly ballpark where Franco spent most of his career is even more hitter-friendly.   

What does other teams have to do with anything?  I don’t get that point at all?

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Ok at that price I can't blame the Orioles for making this move, but do what Moose says and keep Ruiz while getting rid of Davis. 

At worst Ruiz will be optioned I think. Davis is going to be on the IL anyway. I can't see the O's DFAing a pre-arb 3B when their 3B depth is atrocious.

I guess option there refers to AAA option, not a 2022 option.    Happy to have one more guy you don't have to somewhat hide at the bottom of the lineup.   Is he Top 3/4?    I am hopeful for Mullins, but still strongly prefer him down than up.    With DJ Stewart delay...

LF Hays

RF Santander

3B Franco

DH Mancini

1B Mountcastle   (tiling at windmills I know)      Maybe toggle 3/5 depending on where you want spotlight; I like Trey between them style-wise.

C Severino

SS Galvis

CF Mullins

2B Yolmer     (handling that bat like Dauer after Bumbry!)

2B Rougned a nice lefty complement - the Memorial Day dream would be like:

CF Hays, RF Santander, C Adley

DH Mancini, 1B Mountcastle, 3B Franco

2B Rougned, LF Yusniel, SS Galvis

A month of Minor League data to tell us what the rotation should be.    And perhaps family art projects when Lindor and Correa come through this summer.