Lowther pitched three perfect innings tonight

Frobby

Lowther came in tonight in the 6th inning with the bases loaded and nobody out.   He escaped that jam on a line out and a DP grounder, then had two more clean innings.  Only one strikeout, but no baserunners.   He won’t make the team but it’s nice to see him have that kind of outing.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Hyde:

“First time I’ve really seen him for an extended period in game action and I thought he really threw the ball well,” Hyde said. “Came in in a really tough spot, got a nice ground ball double play with one out with the bases loaded and then threw two really, really good innings after that.

“I like the way he commanded his fastball, attacked hitters. Threw some changeups for strikes. I like the amount of strikes that he threw and he went out there without fear and attacked their hitters.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2021/03/updating-mountcastle-and-reviewing-2-0-loss.html

I went back and watched his three innings of work. Worked really fast, attacked hitters and when he got behind, he battled back and ended up getting soft contact with two strikes. Did give up a few hard hit liners at people, but a real nice outing for him.