Sanchez DFA’d: Flurry of moves could be just the beginning

eddie83

Just now, scOtt said:

Sounds to me like they'd rather keep 14 pitchers and TWO utility guys instead of only one.

Also sounds like Stevie Wilkerson is optioned (or gone... don't know his contract status.)

Not a big deal. I just like Stevie. Seems like a good guy.

11 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Maybe they’re considering a move of Ruiz or Franco to 2B. 

Ruiz is getting start at 2B today. I don't think he has the foot speed or athleticism to play 2B effectively, but it would increase his value if he can show he can play there and not kill a team. Just makes me wonder why this wasn't tried much earlier if there was even a chance of his playing there. 

I still think Elias brings someone from outside the organization to play second base.

9 hours ago, scOtt said:

Also sounds like Stevie Wilkerson is optioned (or gone... don't know his contract status.)

Not a big deal. I just like Stevie. Seems like a good guy.

God love Steve Wilkerson. There has never been a cockier 4-A player in major league baseball history. :D Still, the one thing he brings is versatility on defense but I think there's enough versatility in the system where his time has come and gone here.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

God love Steve Wilkerson. There has never been a cockier 4-A player in major league baseball history. :D Still, the one thing he brings is versatility on defense but I think there's enough versatility in the system where his time has come and gone here.

Don't gloss over his pitching acumen either. ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I'm here,and though many think I'm Coby's PR person, I too am disappointed and wont sugar coat it. He's been pretty awful. The error that was changed to an infield hit still kind of  ate him up, then the ball thrown in the dirt to Mountcastle was inexcusable because Coby had time to make the easy out. He didn't.Some of his strikeouts he looked intimidated and overmatched, but that last ball was hit really hard and would've been his first hit, but the shortstop made a great play on it. I hope Coby takes that last at bat and builds on it. You can see he has a very big swing, and I think he's over swinging. But I believe it's just a matter of time before he hits and makes all the plays in the field.The question is, how much time will the Orioles give Coby. Remember , the Orioles dont have a lot of infielders since Westburg and Mateo went down and Norby was traded, so Coby might get a longer leash. Urias isnt hitting well either, and might be a defensive replacement when Coby starts to hit , but needs to come out for Urias' glove. So, yes, I am disappointed but I feel he will start to hit and hit with power.Maybe it will be in Tampa .
    • Right service clock. Since the Orioles are going to lose Holiday's and not be able to be qualified for the draft pick it will be good to keep Mayo eligible for next year for the 2026 draft pick
    • Kinda think that was the plan. He came up earlier than the rookie cutoff. Look, learn, experience. See what you have to do to be successful to help us down the stretch. The plan was always going to be to send him back to AAA for a couple weeks as service clock management unless he absolutely tore the cover off the ball. And if he did that, well, #@$% yeah, thank you! Great job! After Holliday, I gots no judgement on any two week MLB stint and fully believe the brief look only benefits them when they head back down to work on stuff. Only issue is, Jackson had a couple months (injury did extend that), Mayo may only have a couple to three weeks to make some adjustments to help this year.
    • Santander would be in the MVP conversation if he didn't get off to such a slow start. The O's need to reward the man that was with us during the bad year and pay him. 
    • Hmmm. If I may chime in. Depends if they are able to resign Burns or not. Losing both will be a big blow. Not only is  Santander  a good ballplayer but by all accounts a team leader for this young ball club. 
    • Whatever happened to Tate? He got sent down then disappeared.
  • Popular Contributors