Orioles @ Boston OPENING DAY! 4-2

scOtt

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Even though the Orioles won that challenge, that kind of stuff is really not why replay was put into the game. 

100% I hate the “off the bag was there a millisecond of separation” challenges. Something like that if they can’t tell within 30-60seconds the call should stand

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I can see them pursuing him and I wouldn’t be against it. But anyone who thinks he’s signing for 4/120, or that there’s a big FA SP class, needs a better editor. 
    • Roch is an idiot. Criticizing the fanbase at a time like now is ridiculous. 1 run in 2 games? Cmon man.    Also, nobody asks for that stupid emcee to get the crowd excited, that’s strictly for tv purposes. 
    • I was there and there was nothing to get remotely excited about except for 5 minutes in the 5th inning. Stupid swings at the plate, lack of hitting in RISP. Cleveland scored more run before they recorded an out today than we did in 2 full games at home. Let that sink in. Our team is full of chokers that don’t handle pressure well or rise to the occasion. 
    • This really only works if you're looking at 2 years of data.  Look at 4 years of data and suddenly Burnes looks like a vastly better bet.  Burnes has had an era under 3 for 3 out of the last 4 seasons plus the covid year.  Musgrove only 1 prior to signing the deal. 
    • Did anyone here know she could play guitar?  
    • I survived the decade plus losing years, I’m fairly hard to disappoint at this age. That said, I think they can change some things up in spring training - small ball stuff isn’t hard to add to the arsenal. I think they O’s may add a FA or two or resign one or two of our own guys in the winter. I don’t think we will ever throw money around like the Yanks or Dodgers, but I do believe ownership will invest more than the previous crew. All I was saying is I hope Elias starts to tackle some of the changes he talked about to push the rebuild to the next level. I do agree I’ll not be able to evaluate any potential changes until this time next year.  
    • https://www.masnsports.com/orioles-rss/some-wild-card-leftovers-and-lingering-thoughts-as-playoffs-proceed-without-orioles Roch pointing out the lack of attendance in the playoff games and lower energy level from the fans that were there. Maybe the fans just matched the team’s energy level the last 3 months? They were lifeless and witnessed what happened in the WC all too often from July-September. They went 1-13 with RISP, had 2 real XBH’s, and 1 run in 18 innings. The Guardians scored 2 runs 4 batters into their series. The team gave the fans little to cheer for from July on - the attendance and energy level just reflected that and the general discontent that this year’s team brought, even though there’s no shame in a 91 win season. 
  • Popular Contributors