What a start!

Moose Milligan

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I was unaware of this until the) Athletics announcers )pointed it out on) NBC SPORTS-CALIFORNIA )at the end of tonight's game, at 12-7 ...... the Orioles are over .500 on the road so far this year, at 8-4.

o

Yeah, they have been absolutely terrible in Camden Yards.

18 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

I was unaware of this until the) Athletics announcers )pointed it out on) NBC SPORTS-CALIFORNIA )at the end of tonight's game ...... the Orioles are over .500 on the road so far this year, at 8-4.

o

o

The Orioles are now 9-4 on the road this season ...... Go-Go, Orioles !!!

o

On 4/22/2021 at 10:46 PM, OFFNY said:

o

With their win over the Red Sox tonight, the) Seattle Mariners )are now tied with the Athletics for the best record in the Major Leagues, at 12-7 ...... so the Mariners need help from the Orioles this weekend, in order to establish themselves as the team with solitary possession of the best record in the Major Leagues.

o

o

(9 DAYS LATER)

NOW we're helping the Mariners, for sure.

o

1 hour ago, connja said:

Their record is pretty good, considering the fact that the offense has been so poor.

o

Bad offense, AND a great deal of pressure that has been put on the bullpen.

o

o

(3-Game Series, vs. ATHLETICS))))))) [4/30, 5/01, and 5/02]

It's a good feeling when your favorite team plays a good club like the Athletics ...... on their home-field ...... and you come away feeling disappointed that they didn't sweep the series.

o

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

(3-Game Series, vs. ATHLETICS))))))) [4/30, 5/01, and 5/02]

It's a good feeling when your favorite team plays a good club like the Athletics ...... on their home-field ...... and you come away feeling disappointed that they didn't sweep the series.

o

I feel like we had that game yesterday.  I'm happy we took 2/3 but the Orioles kinda blew it.  

On 4/5/2021 at 8:39 AM, eddie83 said:

Have to agree. Very annoying fan base. Bandwagon nation.

Our competitiveness really is simple. It’s about the arms. We pitched really well and won 2 games with a modest offense. Hays is a concern but I think overall our lineup while below average will not be embarrassingly bad. 

Right now we are 14th in runs/pg and the rotation outside of Means and Harvey is a mess. 

How they are 13-15 is hard to fathom looking at it from that perspective. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Right now we are 14th in runs/pg and the rotation outside of Means and Harvey is a mess. 

How they are 13-15 is hard to fathom looking at it from that perspective. 

13-15 is where Pythagorean Theorem says we should be as well.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

13-15 is where Pythagorean Theorem says we should be as well.

I saw that this morning. Would have thought it would be 11-17 or something like that considering some of the numbers. Means and the pen are carrying the team. 8th in ERA in AL. 

The offense has potential to be better, not great but better. We are seeing some good signs. Hays is starting to click, Mountcastle looks better. It will need to be if they are going to be competitive. 3-5 in the rotation could have issues all year. Harvey has thrown well but it’s not like it’s a lock with him to keep it up either. 

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I saw that this morning. Would have thought it would be 11-17 or something like that considering some of the numbers. Means and the pen are carrying the team. 8th in ERA in AL. 

The offense has potential to be better, not great but better. We are seeing some good signs. Hays is starting to click, Mountcastle looks better. It will need to be if they are going to be competitive. 3-5 in the rotation could have issues all year. Harvey has thrown well but it’s not like it’s a lock with him to keep it up either. 

Hitting will get better and the pitching probably will get worse.  I think the BP will continue to be above average though.

Just need Means to continue to be excellent and have everyone else keep you in games.  That’s enough right now.

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I feel like we had that game yesterday. I'm happy we took 2/3, but the Orioles kinda blew it. 

o

I agree that the Orioles blew the game yesterday. I'm not as happy about taking 2 out of 3 as I am about feeling disappointed about not getting the sweep ...... that's the mindset of a fan who expects his team to win.  

o

• Upvote 1

Look if you can win a series...that is always good.  But when you get a chance to sweep, well you obviously want to close the deal and know that you missed an opportunity when you don't.

Still...you have to treat it the same as any other game.  Y’now, I’m just happy to be here and hope to help the ballclub.  I just want to give it my best shot and good Lord willing, things’ll work out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1