Yermin Mercedes (White Sox, former O's farmhand)

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Man, that was bad two days of trades in Orioles history.

I was pissed off about the Tettleton trade from day one and knew it would blow up in the Orioles' face.

Of course I also thought Glenn Davis would be a consistent 30+ home run presence in the Orioles lineup. Instead Davis hit 24 home runs total for his Orioles career. 

26 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I was pissed off about the Tettleton trade from day one and knew it would blow up in the Orioles' face.

Of course I also thought Glenn Davis would be a consistent 30+ home run presence in the Orioles lineup. Instead Davis hit 24 home runs total for his Orioles career. 

You know who was a pretty consistent 30+ home run hitter?  Mickey Tettleton after he was traded to Detroit hit 30 or better 4 times.  ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

This looks like it could possibly be another miss from the Orioles. Teams that operate the way the Orioles want to operate dont really have the luxury of too many misses, they have to be able to evaluate and squeeze value out of every asset in the organization.  They need to sell on the high and buy on the low and I have yet to see Elias show me that skill.

This is actually a true statement. While Elias is doing a great job in investing in Latin America and technologies that should help get the most out of our minor league talent, we have no idea whether his trades are effective or not. Heck, we don't even know how well he drafts yet as his #1 overall pick hasn't exactly wowed people in his SSS of pro ball and no one even knows where his second overall pick is at the moment. 

One of his two lottery ticket high school kids last year is already undergoing TJ surgery and none of the minor league pitchers, who've had two years under Elias' technology and coaching have provided impact at the major league level yet (Both Akin and Kremer actually have seemed to have regressed).

Now, it's too early to say how good or bad he is at any of this so far, but it's true that any evaluation of Elias should start with incomplete for effectiveness at the major league level. Really, other than his investment in Latin America where he's spent on two million dollar plus players already, he's an incomplete on everything.

1 hour ago, BRobinsonfan said:

You know who was a pretty consistent 30+ home run hitter?  Mickey Tettleton after he was traded to Detroit hit 30 or better 4 times.  ?

Literally Tettleton did what we hoped Davis would do and Davis cost us Harnish, Finley and Schilling. It was two trades that set the organization on it's road to irrelevance in MLB for most of the last 30 years.

• Upvote 2

Adam Kolarek also comes to mind. O’s signed him to a minor league deal and lost him a couple months later to the Rays in AAA Rule 5. He’s gone on to have a pretty nice career so far and got himself a ring last fall. On top of that, he’s a Baltimore area and UMD guy. 

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, interloper said:

He's back. Just wanted to pout and cause some drama and get himself some attention. ?

Or maybe he was a human being going through an emotional period and did what he felt he had to do to get back on track.  

2 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Or maybe he was a human being going through an emotional period and did what he felt he had to do to get back on track.  

Maybe! I have nothing against the guy. He seems frustrated about the situation, it's just kind of predictable. If anything I blame TLR, that guy sucks. 

Sounds like the guy may have psychological/emotional problems.   I hope he’s able to get his game back on track, and if he is having the problems I am speculating about (I certainly don’t know), address those effectively as well.