Jay Flaa up, Lowther down

MurphDogg

The upside here is that Flaa can't be worse than LeBlanc, and now he can be shuttled back and forth the rest of the season. It's a little extreme to be this obsessed about having a fresh arm in the pen by sending Lowther out, but whatever. 

Have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of roster tinkering in the next week or so. Ruiz isn't starting against the righty tonight, he's not long for this roster. Sisco could be optioned at any moment, IMO. Flaa could be DFA'd tonight for all we know. Lopez is not long for the rotation. Etc. 

• Upvote 2

Well it looks like the Orioles aren't planning on putting Lowther in the rotation yet. 

Who had Flaa as next guy up? 

Would love to see if they keep Flaa around or DFA him after he pitches if they need room. 

Maybe he's had a jump in stuff because I've never been very impressed with his stuff but then again, he might be a guy they know they can temporarily use and then no lose if they DFA him shortly afterwards. 

Either way, hope he gets into a game before that happens. Congrats to him either way.

39 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Well it looks like the Orioles aren't planning on putting Lowther in the rotation yet. 

Who had Flaa as next guy up? 

Would love to see if they keep Flaa around or DFA him after he pitches if they need room. 

Maybe he's had a jump in stuff because I've never been very impressed with his stuff but then again, he might be a guy they know they can temporarily use and then no lose if they DFA him shortly afterwards. 

Either way, hope he gets into a game before that happens. Congrats to him either way.

If they DFA Flaa, I expect that he'll clear waivers and we'll get him back.

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Turns out the answer is Flaa.

Bit of a surprise considering he didn't get much of a look in the spring (3 appearances, 2 and a third innings).

Replacement level reliever, turns 29 in June.

Congrats to him on making the Show!

He's presumably up for two days until Kremer comes back up.   An extra arm in the bullpen, as Lowther probably not available the next two nights (I know he only went 1, but I think guys they are presumably grooming as starters will typically get multiple days off in between pitching).

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Kinda forgot about him. They must like him if he had a spot at alternate site, and his AA stats aren't half bad. If he gets in a game it will be his MLB debut, right? Hopefully we get a 12-1 lead on the Yanks and we get to see him. 

The alternate site this year are for guys who are heading to AAA. 

• Upvote 1