Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

To me it’s just crazy to keep a 23 year old catcher in the minors. How many years are in those knees?  He’s going to be 24 next ST. 

All the more reason to keep him down.  You get the prime years and he is likely old enough when FA comes that it is clear you shouldn't keep him.  That's at least from a management perspective.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Unless of course this would have been one of his prime years...

But on the other hand............. and I know this is extremely productive and insightful.

Maybe.............. it wouldn't have been.

As always I hope you guys are getting a lot out of expressing your displeasure with what we all know is going to happen.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Unless of course this would have been one of his prime years...

Hold on… so you’re telling me that part of his age 23/24 seasons will be more valuable than his age 30/31 seasons?  Crazy talk. 

This team is embarrassing. Elias does have a plan. It’s just a simulation/video game plan and not one for a professional organization.

You mean to tell me that the “MLB ready” #1 pick is going to take parts of FOUR years to reach the majors?

• Upvote 1

To put things into perspective… Chance Sisco is going to end up having spent less time in the minors(in terms of years)and he was a high school SS/C, that when drafted wasn’t even in the MLB top 200. AR meanwhile was the consensus #1 pick and NCAA MVP. 

That’s a joke. 

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Mmmmmm, I'm pretty sure this completely wrong.

Sisco had 1800ish PAs in the MiLs before his ML debut- and many hundred after it as well- and a full five years in the MiLs.

Rutschman has 440 abs and will play the equivalent of one and a half years of MiL games before his debut next spring.

To put things in perspective.

That’s why I said in terms of years and not ABs. When it’s all said and done Sisco will have spent less time in days/years than AR. That’s what I meant. 

• Downvote 2

23 hours ago, Pickles said:

Well, yeah, but that is still also wrong.

Do you think AR was just sitting on the couch and not developing during the missed season last year?  I’m sorry, but for the NCAA MVP, Consensus #1 pick, who was viewed as just needing some pro ball tinkering, I don’t think that past year was a “lost” year. 

At the end of the day Sisco will have spent less time in years/months/days in the minors than AR. That’s just pure manipulation and what for?  I respect that Elias has a plan, but keeping a C down, under these specific circumstances, is just stupid. 

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Do you think AR was just sitting on the couch and not developing during the missed season last year?  I’m sorry, but for the NCAA MVP, Consensus #1 pick, who was viewed as just needing some pro ball tinkering, I don’t think that past year was a “lost” year. 

At the end of the day Sisco will have spent less time in years/months/days in the minors than AR. That’s just pure manipulation and what for?  I respect that Elias has a plan, but keeping a C down, under these specific circumstances, is just stupid. 

You have this weird thing going on here in which you have folks talking up how Elias and company use technology and analytics but at the same time discount the value of the development time certain players had last season.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

You have this weird thing going on here in which you have folks talking up how Elias and company use technology and analytics but at the same time discount the value of the development time certain players had last season.

I apologize for the weird thing I do when somebody blatantly says falsehoods.  That whole objecting to them thing.  It's weird.  I know.

13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is likewise false.  You keep repeating the same falsehood.