Every now and then, the Sports Gods throw you a bone: John Means' No Hitter

Sanfran327

Just now, Gentile4 said:

When I saw the ball go off the bat of that last hitter, my heart sunk momentarily.

Absolutely. But it looked like weak contact even from the CF cam, and I don't recall people cheering for a hit, so I relaxed just as quickly.

8 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

Absolutely. But it looked like weak contact even from the CF cam, and I don't recall people cheering for a hit, so I relaxed just as quickly.

It was the warning track fly ball in the eighth inning that made my heart jump. I really thought it was headed for the seats. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gentile4 said:

When I saw the ball go off the bat of that last hitter, my heart sunk momentarily.

Oh I knew that was going to be caught.  Looked exactly like the last out at the 83 WS.  It was the flare to Mullins and that deep fly to left in the 8th that had me going.

8 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

My wife arrived home from work during the top of the 9th.

"Remember me telling you that the O's have one really good starter? Well, something very special is happening in Seattle."  She looks at the screen, and gives me the "My lips are sealed" sign.

She started laughing when I let out a scream after Urias caught that final out.

What a good marriage we have!

My wife was doing her Zoom telecommuting work and I had to drag her to the screen porch to watch the last two innings with me. I think she sat down right after Mancini hit the 3 run homer. She was really into it. It kind of made me nervous! 

• Upvote 1