Odds of tonight’s game being rained out?

higgybaby

I’ve driven all the way down here from Indiana and I have to return tomorrow. 

I really want to see this game tonight before I have to leave to head back home tomorrow morning, obviously. 

What do you guys think, rained out or nah?

Rain is supposed to stop around 8 pm.   The field drains well.  There may be a delay for a few hours and the game may go late into the night but if it holds to the weather report they should get it in.  Bundle up its going to be cool.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, higgybaby said:

I’ve driven all the way down here from Indiana and I have to return tomorrow. 

I really want to see this game tonight before I have to leave to head back home tomorrow morning, obviously. 

What do you guys think, rained out or nah?

Please tell me you drove here for more than just a baseball game.   

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Rain is supposed to stop around 8 pm.   The field drains well.  There may be a delay for a few hours and the game may go late into the night but if it holds to the weather report they should get it in.  Bundle up its going to be cool.

If Nicole Sherry stays, "No go!" do the conspiracy theorists say two games on Saturday help the pitching concerns of the last place Orioles?  ?

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Doesn't look too good based on what I see.... hopefully it blows through sooner but it almost definitely won't start on time.

When's your tee time?  Is the little one hitting wiffle balls yet?  Have come within one of shooting my now senior age (77) each of the last few years - can't finish!  Still carry for nine but I'm eroding!  Mazel Tov!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Slim and none we play tonight...

8:00 pm 85%

9:00 pm 69%

10:00 pm 59%

11:00 pm 31%

Maybe if we start at 11:00....

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Please tell me you drove here for more than just a baseball game.   

From the eastern shore. Visiting family and stayed at OC for the week. Hopefully catching the game tonight and heading back to Indiana in the morning. 

The last time I tried to catch the orioles was at spring training last year and then COVID stopped those plans in their tracks. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Slim and none we play tonight...

8:00 pm 85%

9:00 pm 69%

10:00 pm 59%

11:00 pm 31%

Maybe if we start at 11:00....

Let's play two tomorrow!  27th man, Lowther gets to throw a Bumgarner no-no?  Zach Mattson with his first taste?

Only problem, that throws off Harvey's start in Queens ..... ⚾

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, higgybaby said:

From the eastern shore. Visiting family and stayed at OC for the week. Hopefully catching the game tonight and heading back to Indiana in the morning. 

The last time I tried to catch the orioles was at spring training last year and then COVID stopped those plans in their tracks. 

Well, I really hope you get to the game tonight, but I’m glad you were able to get some other things done.   What’s Indiana, like a 9-10 hour drive from Baltimore depending where you are going?   I drove from DC to South Bend once and I think that’s about how long it took, but that was 39 years ago so my memory might be a tad off.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, bobmc said:

When's your tee time?  Is the little one hitting wiffle balls yet?  Have come within one of shooting my now senior age (77) each of the last few years - can't finish!  Still carry for nine but I'm eroding!  Mazel Tov!

MY MAN.

Those first two questions are mutually exclusive, unfortunately. There are TWO little ones now, so my golf horizon is still dark.

I haven't played in probably two years. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

MY MAN.

Those first two questions are mutually exclusive, unfortunately. There are TWO little ones now, so my golf horizon is still dark.

I haven't played in probably two years. 

Crap! I haven't played in 7 or 8 years.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Very occasionally I'll hit a few into the woods off of my mat, but you know... things erode. My swing is like an octopus falling out of a tree.

I just got away from it, because... stuff. But also because of work my shoulders are hamburger. I can't hit a ball out of my own shadow anymore.

Once you've been at "a level"... and then you're 4 or 5 levels lower, game loses it's appeal. I'd rather play Augusta on the computer.

• Upvote 1