May 8: Zac Lowther takes on the Red Sox

SteveA

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

So I was just reading a pretty poor list of "criminally underrated" albums and they included Pet Sounds.

Who doesn't accept that Pet Sounds is an all time great album?  That White Album, so underrated.  I feel dumber for reading the list.

Wow Pet Sounds? Really? ?

I saw the play, and it was a sloppy throw, but it was also not a very good catch, and that’s the thing about defense, a good right fielder would’ve made a good throw, but a good infielder would have handled the awkward bounce. So either player could have Helped the other By being clean and effective, but when your sloppy you make the people around you sloppy too.

And the two of them, being sloppy, have made the starting pitchers job more difficult. That’s why defense is important

Edited by Philip
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

So I was just reading a pretty poor list of "criminally underrated" albums and they included Pet Sounds.

Who doesn't accept that Pet Sounds is an all time great album?  That White Album, so underrated.  I feel dumber for reading the list.

Were Dark Side of the Moon and Highway 61 also on this list?

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Just now, Philip said:

I saw the play, and it was a sloppy throw, but it was also not a very good catch, and that’s the thing about defense, a good right fielder would’ve made a good throw, but a good infielder would have handled the awkward bounce. So either player could have Helped the other By being clean and effective, but when your sloppy you make the people around you sloppy too.

Stewart made a great slide to cut the ball off and came up firing. The shortstop has to realize as the throw is coming in if it is going to be too late, and take two steps forward to field the throw instead of trying to field a short hop. Same as a first baseman who fails to come off the bag on an errant throw.

• Upvote 2