May 8: Zac Lowther takes on the Red Sox

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Well, this is what we signed up for, I would rather see Lowther and Simmon and the gang then Lopez, Unless Lopez is going to remain in the rotation as a dedicated opener, go ~4 innings And then sit.

At least Lopez has some stuff. He hasn't put it together consistently but at least he has it. That kid tonight didn't have it. 

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

I wonder if they still make them. I haven’t had them in 5+ years.

I've had them more recently than that.  I'll find them in September or October and bring them to one of our football tailgates at VT.  Everybody in my tailgate crew lives in VA or NC where you can't get them, and they are always a hit.

Of course there was no tailgating last season so I probably haven't had them since Fall 2019.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I've had them more recently than that.  I'll find them in September or October and bring them to one of our football tailgates at VT.  Everybody in my tailgate crew lives in VA or NC where you can't get them, and they are always a hit.

Of course there was no tailgating last season so I probably haven't had them since Fall 2019.

Good to know.

5 minutes ago, vab said:

At least Lopez has some stuff. He hasn't put it together consistently but at least he has it. That kid tonight didn't have it. 

Lopez is good the first or second time through the order. Then he turns into a pumpkin, if the bosses Had some creativity, they would pair him with another twice-through guy And have a very good eight inning pair

14 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I wonder if they still make them. I haven’t had them in 5+ years.

I can't find them. Old Bay chips or cheese curls.

I could just get a barrel of plain cheese balls and add my own. ?

I’m not worried about Lowther not having a good game tonight, he gets several more auditions. I’m curious though, about when do you guys think management will start making significant personnel changes? Armstrong I don’t think has any options so it’s either put up with him, or designate him, is that close, do you think? How about Lakins?

Lopez must be on a pretty long leash, even though it’s obvious that as a starter, at least, he is limited. And then there are our position guys, and may the Lord help us all.

So when do the heads start to roll, guys?

Edited by Philip
Grammar

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m not worried about Lowther not having a good game tonight, he gets several more auditions. I’m curious though, about when do you guys think Wario management will start making significant personnel changes? Armstrong I don’t think has any options so it’s either put up with him, or designate him, is that close do you think? How about Lakins?

Lopez must be on a pretty long leash, even though it’s obvious that as a starter, at least, he is limited. And then there are our position guys, and may the Lord help us all.

Not this year. The O's and EVERY team is so worried about innings this year after only 60 games last year. Nobody is getting cut just to try a prospect. Only moves like Waddell for Flaa. And we probably won't lose Flaa.

GMs all just want a GLUT of arms. Just in case.

edit: Besides, we'll probably win 70 at best. Who cares this year? :noidea:

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m not worried about Lowther not having a good game tonight, he gets several more auditions. I’m curious though, about when do you guys think Wario management will start making significant personnel changes? Armstrong I don’t think has any options so it’s either put up with him, or designate him, is that close do you think? How about Lakins?

Given that he has no options, and has pitched well in the minors and in the past in the majors, and has a decent fastball, I think Armstrong isn't going anywhere soon.  But he has already been "demoted" to lower leverage bullpen innings. 

I think they will keep working with Lopez for now.  We've already seen some up and down between the majors and minors with the likes of Zimmerman, Akin, and Lowther and I think that will continue all year.

So, honestly, I don't expect to see many heads rolling anytime soon.

• Thanks 1