Michael Baumann 2021

Just Regular

16 hours ago, bpilktree said:

Another rough start 2.1 ip 3 hits 7 Runs 6 ER 3 Bb 3 strikeouts. 

The young guys we were looking to see how they would do this season couldn’t have done much worse so far.  Akin, Lowther, Kramer, Zimmerman, Wells and Baumann have been brutal so far,

This off season I was surprised that Elias added so much pitching in the deals he made with a slew of guys we thought were about ready.  I am starting to think he knew what we are all seeing in advance.  Remember these are nit his guys and from I have watched a few of these guys don’t have good enough stuff to be successful in the A.L. East and the others don’t have good enough command.  On a positive note Bradish was good again at Norfolk.

Sorry, last quote was the wrong guy... Wells and Zim have not been anywhere close to brutal.   Wells leads all rookie relievers in baseball in strikeouts. He is in the top 20% of the entire league in k% bb% whiff rate, chase rate, and spin rate. And if Santander had had two good ankles, would have an era in the low 3s. 

Edited by 27outs

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Just having Baumann pitching this year is a plus.  I hope he is healthy though.

He got 3K’s back to back to back in 2nd after a lead off HR. In 3rd he had nothing. 3 walks, hard hit line drive and then with bases loaded an 0-2 Grand Slam on what I think was a fastball. Not sure how hard he was clocked at before this year. 

He is a big boy. Has the body type of a durable, hard thrower. 

17 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He got 3K’s back to back to back in 2nd after a lead off HR. In 3rd he had nothing. 3 walks, hard hit line drive and then with bases loaded an 0-2 Grand Slam on what I think was a fastball. Not sure how hard he was clocked at before this year. 

He is a big boy. Has the body type of a durable, hard thrower. 

He was 94-95 sitting and could get up to 97-98.  In his no hitter he was still throwing 98 in the last two innings so kept that velocity all game.  

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

He was 94-95 sitting and could get up to 97-98.  In his no hitter he was still throwing 98 in the last two innings so kept that velocity all game.  

Ok. I thought so. Last night was sitting at 92-94, occasionally 95. Had no breaking ball command at all in 3rd inning. For that matter no command at all that inning.  Then grooves fastball when he did get ahead one at bat. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, connja said:

I watched the game on the free MiLB.tv weekend offer yesterday.  While his stats were nice, he was really sitting 93-94 for most of the game.  I thought his velo was upper 90's typically.    That is concerning.

I don't think Baumann ever sat upper 90's.  Mid 90's.  So 93-94 to me isn't concerning. 

2 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Stadium gun was 96 95 95 95 95 94 on last six pitches of his 6th inning 

Nice, I assumed he was done after 5 but he goes 6IP, 0R's, 2 hits, 7K's.  He seems to be healthy to me.  He is on the 40 man.  Maybe he will get a start in Baltimore this September.

• Upvote 1