Jordan Westburg 2021

UMDTerrapins

11 hours ago, Aglets said:

Over 1.000 OPS so far in the month of July (not including another 2 for 5 today).   At over 150 PA in Aberdeen now............should we be expecting a promotion soon?

He should go to AA at some point this year, assuming there isn’t a lot of regression.  He started off slowly but has obviously adjusted and is playing well.  No reason to keep him in A ball.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is time for a promotion.  Delmarva was an extremely conservative placement for him to start the season.  If he had started the year in Frederick he would have been promoted by now so might as well put him where he belongs to finish the season, that's Bowie. 

Mundy can move up too.  I'm leaving Gunnar in Frederick to finish the season despite his recent surge. 

41 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I think it is time for a promotion.  Delmarva was an extremely conservative placement for him to start the season.  If he had started the year in Frederick he would have been promoted by now so might as well put him where he belongs to finish the season, that's Bowie. 

Mundy can move up too.  I'm leaving Gunnar in Frederick to finish the season despite his recent surge. 

Westburg has a better case than Mundy, who’s posting a .723 OPS in July.