I miss the Metrodome

Greenpastures23

15 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

And Yankee Stadium is only revered because of the history of the team playing there. Aesthetically, I've always thought old and new Yankees Stadium look run of the mill. 

Not to mention old yankee stadium was one of the biggest dumps I've ever stepped foot in.

8 hours ago, SteveA said:

I loved Tiger Stadium and am glad I got to see a couple games there.  Definitely my all time favorite ballpark that wasn't the home of "my team".

Went to Tiger Stadium once before it closed.  Paint peeling off the roof, falling on my head.  A post obscured my view of the pitcher.  The walkways under the stands, especially around the concession stands, were crowded and claustrophobic and dark.  Was in Detroit.  Maintenance had a late-stage RFK kind of vibe.

I guess it could have been better from a lower box seat, or perhaps the front row of the RF overhang.

I think much ballpark nostalgia comes from the games played there, while ignoring the poor design choices/necessities that made things uncomfortable for fans.  Sitting in an old wooden seat with no cupholder and 12" of legroom is an endearing quirk unless you're actually sitting there for a 3:44 minute modern game.