Outfield Trade Market Heating Up?

NCRaven

Per MLB Traderumors, the Cards have put Harrison Bader on the IL with a fractured rib.  "Bader’s placement on the IL comes at a time when the Cardinals’ outfield depth is already compromised. Tyler O’Neill is on the shelf with a fractured finger at the moment, while Triple-A outfielders Austin Dean and Scott Hurst were both recently placed on the injured list."

The Mets are also actively seeking help for their outfield.  Again per MLBTR, "With the Mets reeling due to a massive slate of injuries, they’re not waiting until the trade deadline to look for ways to help their roster. Acting general manager Zack Scott told reporters prior to last night’s game that he’s in active pursuit of reinforcements (links via Newsday’s Laura Albanese and The Athletic’s Tim Britton).  “I’m pretty much on the phone all day, every day,” Scott said prior to a game which saw the Mets incur yet another injury, when Johneshwy Fargas sustained a sprained AC joint in his shoulder upon crashing into the center field fence. “We’ve got to find the best solutions, always. … We’re trying to find the best internal options and the best external options and trying to get the best out of the guys that we have."

Santander?

1 minute ago, billw76 said:

It definitely may be time to get someone to overpay. Would like to see Santander warm up more and stay healthy though, not sure how much return we'd get for him right now.

I'd rather see Santander rack up some numbers and show he's the player he was last year or better. Unless some team makes a great offer now, but I'd imagine Elias will get better offers in July for Santander.  

I would like to keep Stewart. The guy is finally coming into his own and is a good team guy. Santander seems more likely as the piece to be moved. Let’s get more relief pitching depth as our outfield really is set for the future. The cardinals certainly have an eye for pitching.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'd rather see Santander rack up some numbers and show he's the player he was last year or better. Unless some team makes a great offer now, but I'd imagine Elias will get better offers in July for Santander.  

That's where I am with him as well. He just came back, and needs to show he's healthy more than anything IMO. If a team is willing to overpay though and the return is good, then move him.

At some point trading away our best players has to start paying off, right?  Is the goal to perpetually be in the bottom 3 in the league?  Or is there a plan to stop trading talent and start putting a quality team on the field?  We're running out of good players to trade.

18 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

At some point trading away our best players has to start paying off, right?  Is the goal to perpetually be in the bottom 3 in the league?  Or is there a plan to stop trading talent and start putting a quality team on the field?  We're running out of good players to trade.

Well after 4 years it's is paying off so much we have the worst record in baseball. Does anyone see any light at the end of this tunnel? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Natty said:

Well after 4 years it's is paying off so much we have the worst record in baseball. Does anyone see any light at the end of this tunnel? 

Look at Bowie, Aberdeen, and Delmarva.   There's your light.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

The problem is our good players really weren't that good. Outside of Machado we had no superstars to trade. Most of the best players we had to trade were relievers, and your not getting a huge return for them. 

Edited by billw76
Misspelling