June 1: O's try to turn the calendar page and end the madness vs the Twins

SteveA

Gametime:  7:05 pm

Forecast:  73 degrees, no precipitation

Matchup:  Michael Pineda (R) vs Bruce Zimmerman (L)

Lineups

1. Kyle Garlick (R) LF
2. Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
3. Nelson Cruz (R) DH
4. Mitch Garver (R) C
5. Alex Kirilloff (L) RF
6. Jorge Polanco (S) 2B
7. Miguel Sano (R) 1B
8. Rob Refsnyder (R) CF
9. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS

1. Cedric Mullins (L) CF
2. Trey Mancini (R) DH
3. Anthony Santander (S) RF
4. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
5. DJ Stewart (L) LF
6. Ryan Mountcastle (R) 1B
7. Maikel Franco (R) 3B
8. Stevie Wilkerson (S) 2B
9. Pedro Severino (R) C

Orioles Bench
   Ryan McKenna (R)
   Tyler Nevin (R)
   Pat Valaika (R)
   Austin Wynn (R)

Orioles Bullpen Availability (last pitched)

Available
     Shawn Armstrong (1.0 IP, 31p Saturday)

Cesar Valdez (1.0 IP, 10p yesterday)     
     Tyler Wells (1.0 IP, 20p Monday) 

Probably Available
     Tanner Scott* (1.0 IP, 16p yesterday; 0.2 IP, 18p Saturday)
     Cole Sulser (0.2 IP, 12p Sunday; 1.0 IP, 12p Saturday;  0.2 IP, 13p Friday)

Dillon Tate (1.0 IP, 23p Sunday)

Maybe Available
     Paul Fry* (1.0 IP, 16p yesterday;  1.0 IP, 9p Sunday)   

Not Available
     Adam Plutko (1.0 IP, 19p yesterday;  0.2 IP, 15p Sunday)

*Lefthanders noted with asterisks

• Thanks 1

Game Notes and Stats

This is the first game at Oriole Park this year with almost no limits on capacity (the center field bleachers are still socially distanced pods, the rest of the seats in the stadium are all for sale.

The Orioles have lost 14 in a row, tying the 2nd longest losing streak in team history, which was in the inaugural 1954 season.   They are 2-21 since John Means' no hitter.   They just completed a 5-23 May, the worst May in team history but not the worst month.

The Orioles have scored 48 runs in the 14 game losing streak.   Oddly, that is better than the Yankees, who have only scored 40 runs in their last 14 games (but they have gone 7-7 in that stretch).

Since last Monday the Orioles are 5/63 (.079) with runners in scoring position.  They are 45/190 (.237)  during that time without RISP.   Dating back to the second inning on Sunday the 23rd in Washington, they are 5/70 (.071) with RISP.   The Orioles did snap and 0 for 27 stretch with runners in scoring position in the 10th inning yesterday with DJ Stewart's double, which is the equivalent of a no hitter.

The Orioles have lost 16 games in a row to the Minnesota Twins, dating back to the 2018 Opening Day, when Adam Jones hit a walkoff HR in the bottom of the 11th to beat the Twins.

The Orioles will likely call someone up from Norfolk to start tomorrow's game.  I would guess that with Moutncastle and Mancini healthy, Nevin will go back down.   Then after that, I expect Hunter Harvey to come off the IL and whoever comes up to start tomorrow will go back down.   This is pure speculation on my part, I haven't heard or read anything.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Game Notes and Stats

This is the first game at Oriole Park this year with almost no limits on capacity (the center field bleachers are still socially distanced pods, the rest of the seats in the stadium are all for sale.

The Orioles have lost 14 in a row, tying the 2nd longest losing streak in team history, which was in the inaugural 1954 season.   They are 2-21 since John Means' no hitter.   They just completed a 5-23 May, the worst May in team history but not the worst month.

The Orioles have scored 48 runs in the 14 game losing streak.   Oddly, that is better than the Yankees, who have only scored 40 runs in their last 14 games (but they have gone 7-7 in that stretch).

Since last Monday the Orioles are 5/63 (.079) with runners in scoring position.  They are 45/190 (.237)  during that time without RISP.   Dating back to the second inning on Sunday the 23rd in Washington, they are 5/70 (.071) with RISP.   The Orioles did snap and 0 for 27 stretch with runners in scoring position in the 10th inning yesterday with DJ Stewart's double, which is the equivalent of a no hitter.

The Orioles have lost 16 games in a row to the Minnesota Twins, dating back to the 2018 Opening Day, when Adam Jones hit a walkoff HR in the bottom of the 11th to beat the Twins.

The Orioles will likely call someone up from Norfolk to start tomorrow's game.  I would guess that with Moutncastle and Mancini healthy, Nevin will go back down.   Then after that, I expect Hunter Harvey to come off the IL and whoever comes up to start tomorrow will go back down.   This is pure speculation on my part, I haven't heard or read anything.

Good notes. One update: Matt Harvey will be used as an opener for tomorrow's game (1-2 innings, like his normal side day) and then will be a bullpen game after that.

• Upvote 1