Monday in Cleveland

Gurgi

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

They don't want to eat Severino's salary.

Prove me wrong.

Cant he walk through the parking lot with Davis?  I reckon that they arent trying to win, so might as well march him out there rather than take on more money by activating someone who isnt on the 40 man, but this is like watching Davis hit.  At least Davis played a good 1B.  Reminds me of Reynolds where he was all over the place.  Difference between Reynolds and Severino is Reynolds made easy plays look hard and Severino doesnt make easy or hard plays.

400 mile drive home, just beat the storm by about 30 seconds.   First drops fell as I was walking up to my front door, it came down hard right after I shut the door behind me.

So I listened to most on the radio.   Got home in time to see Wilkerson's drop when he should have let Santander take it.

How bad was Stewart's slip in the first inning?

How bad was the call that got Hyde ejected?   Did the batter swing, which means it wouldn't matter if it hit him, right?   Arnold and Newman completely missed that point on the radio while it was happening, they thought the entire issue was whether it hit him or went off the end of the bat.  Only later did someone tell them that the issue might have been whether the batter swung or not.

And how bad was Mountcastle's error, which I just missed, think I turned the TV on just after it happened?

Just now, SteveA said:

400 mile drive home, just beat the storm by about 30 seconds.   First drops fell as I was walking up to my front door, it came down hard right after I shut the door behind me.

So I listened to most on the radio.   Got home in time to see Wilkerson's drop when he should have let Santander take it.

How bad was the call that got Hyde ejected?   Did the batter swing, which means it wouldn't matter if it hit him, right?   Arnold and Newman completely missed that point on the radio while it was happening, they thought the entire issue was whether it hit him or went off the end of the bat.  Only later did someone tell them that the issue might have been whether the batter swung or not.

And how bad was Mountcastle's error, which I just missed, think I turned the TV on just after it happened?

Oh yeah, the wild pitch too... was that another one that was at least partially Severino's fault?

Sounds like an awful defensive game.   Kremer deserved better.

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Huh? Actually, even if you don’t count AR, Sisco is an upgrade defensively compared w/ Severino. Pretty sure you’ve said as much in the past. 

I wasn't just talking about Adley.  I was making the point that his salary will keep Severino on the team.  As has been said, we got a half dozen guys that put forth more effort behind the plate.

3 minutes ago, sevastras said:

Cant he walk through the parking lot with Davis?  I reckon that they arent trying to win, so might as well march him out there rather than take on more money by activating someone who isnt on the 40 man, but this is like watching Davis hit.  At least Davis played a good 1B.  Reminds me of Reynolds where he was all over the place.  Difference between Reynolds and Severino is Reynolds made easy plays look hard and Severino doesnt make easy or hard plays.

If he does that then we can't feel superior when talking about how pitchers are cheating by using spider tack.  Not sure we want to give that up.  And what do we say when the Astros come to town?  We won't be able to make trash can jokes.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

-Stewart started back and then when he went to cut in he fell flat on his stomach.  Clearly wet grass, imo

-Hyde was mad because they didnt even appeal if it was a swing or not because it was ruled a foul.  It was questionable to me that he was even hit.  Could have gone either way if it were a swing

Missed the Mountcastle error being on here pissed that I have to watch Severino still

-Wild pitch was yet another Severino not doing his job

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

If he does that then we can't feel superior when talking about how pitchers are cheating by using spider tack.  Not sure we want to give that up.  And what do we say when the Astros come to town?  We won't be able to make trash can jokes.

If you ain’t cheatin’, you ain’t trying?

1 minute ago, sevastras said:

Add base running to Severinos negative attributes

He's a joke to anyone who cares about the game.  He doesn't belong in MLB.  I don't think he even cares that he's a clown.  He usually has a big grin after one of his numerous bonehead plays.  

• Upvote 1