Tate to start tonight instead of Akin

SteveA

No reason given.   I see 3 possibilities:

1) Akin has an injury

2) Hyde just decided to use Tate as an opener for an inning or two and then go to Akin.

3) The weather situation -- Hyde doesn't want Akin to do all his pregame warmups and have no game, or to start and go an inning or two and have the game cancelled.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

No idea why for sure, but I would guess some of two and three.  Also, it seems that Akin had a little more success in bulk roles.  I don't like that Tate already went two innings on Tuesday, but I guess he'll have a strict pitch count and won't be allowed two go past the 2nd inning.  

Hmmm

whats the longest he’s gone? Two innings? 
Well I checked and the longest he’s gone so far is 2 2/3 innings, so I wonder why he got the call instead of Wells, who only threw 11 pictures on Tuesday? 
Although I’m pretty sure Wells is going to get into the game this evening at some point

Edited by Philip

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

No reason given.   I see 3 possibilities:

1) Akin has an injury

2) Hyde just decided to use Tate as an opener for an inning or two and then go to Akin.

3) The weather situation -- Hyde doesn't want Akin to do all his pregame warmups and have no game, or to start and go an inning or two and have the game cancelled.

4) Akin is just bad.  

Curious if the Jays will counter batting Biggio higher, but Semien, Bichette, Springer, Vlad, Teoscar inked into Top 5 spots recently.

Maybe it is chance of rain, but honestly a deployment move like this for a scuffling LHP I think makes sense in any weather.

If one of Akin, Lowther, Smith, Wells, etc makes it as a SP5 two three years out, it'll probably be a good move then, assuming pitcher carousels stay a thing.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

There once was a world where a song like that could be no. 2 on the Billboard chart three weeks in a row.

On Facebook there was once a little widget that allowed you to find the song that was number one on the charts the week of your birth. And the week of my birth, the number one song was “monster mash“

I found that hilarious, and doubly so because it was number one on the charts, which means at all the radio stations were playing monster mash 20 or 30 times a day, and that is hilarious