MASN postgame interviews

Frobby

I’d like to know how MASN determines who to interview on the postgame show.   I feel like there have been several times recently where they’ve missed the boat. Case in point, yesterday when they didn’t interview Harvey on the postgame show.   Another recent example was not interviewing Alex Wells when he got his first major league win.   In general, I feel we are rarely hearing from the starting pitcher, when we used to see them interviewed all the time.   I know everything is a little harder in the Covid/Zoom environment, and if I recall correctly they’ve also shortened the postgame show this year (which was a terrible idea).   

Agreed that Trey shouldn't have been the go-to interview last night (should've been Watkins), but did you hear Trey's great quote when they asked him if he was worried about his participation in the Derby messing up his swing?  He responded by chuckling and saying that he wasn't worried because he wasn't swinging the bat very well leading up to the All-Star break to begin with.  Trey is awesome....

• Upvote 2

I don't think that they make starting pitchers available for the onfield interviews immediately after the game since they are usually in the clubhouse getting their shouders and elbows iced down.  They are usually available for the zoom presser after the game after Hyde speaks.  I have no problem with that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

I don't think that they make starting pitchers available for the onfield interviews immediately after the game since they are usually in the clubhouse getting their shouders and elbows iced down.  They are usually available for the zoom presser after the game after Hyde speaks.  I have no problem with that.

That’s all I’m asking for.   They didn’t interview Harvey or Wells on the postgame show at all, Zoom or otherwise.