Anyone going to Saturday Night Game (8/7/21) VS Rays?

foxfield

Going to my first game since Covid with my oldest child and youngest (of 4).  Game is 7:05.  Am I safe to assume we can eat Phillps or somewhere near stadium or should we indulge in Boogs?  It has been awhile since I have been to a Saturday game and the last two times, my go to dining place, Sabatino's was...underwhelming.  I have great memories of eating there with an old friend from college who passed away years ago.  And when my 4 were younger and we had a season ticket package we loved Sabatino's. 

Anyway, feel free to move or delete and I appreciate any suggestions.

Your definition of Phillips as being near the stadium is making my arthritic knees hurt just thinking about that walk.

I will say that the quality and variety of food available at the stadium is way down from where it was pre-Covid.   But yes, Boogs is still there and still good.  I ate there for the Saturday night Nats game a couple weeks ago.   Line was about a half hour long, and Boog isn't there signing autographs.   And the buffet style condiment stand where you got your own sauces, onions, and horseradish and such appears to be a victim of Covid, it no longer exists.  You get packets of condiments, as well as sliced onions, if you ask for them at check out time.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Are the Harbor Place restaurants even open anymore?  There's been serious talk of tearing the two pavillions down.  Shame, it used to be a Baltimore landmark.

I believe a few are.  But I don't think they are doing well.   

Buyers moving to online shopping have hurt the in store business model.  And, more and more of Baltimore's Inner Harbor entertainment and dining has moved to IH East, Canton and Fells Point or to Federal Hill.  Not to mention the developments near the ballparks, i.e., the Horseshoe, Hammerjacks, etc.

Note:  etc.  means there might be more, I just don't know.  It's like saying "it appears that", just covering my ass.

10 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Are the Harbor Place restaurants even open anymore?  There's been serious talk of tearing the two pavillions down.  Shame, it used to be a Baltimore landmark.

Bubba Gump and Cheesecake Factory were still there about 3 weeks ago when we were at the Inner Harbor and believe Phillip’s and Hard Rock were at the Power Plant.  A little further down was Miss Shirley’s but could not tell driving by if it was open or not.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, foxfield said:

Going to my first game since Covid with my oldest child and youngest (of 4).  Game is 7:05.  Am I safe to assume we can eat Phillps or somewhere near stadium or should we indulge in Boogs?  It has been awhile since I have been to a Saturday game and the last two times, my go to dining place, Sabatino's was...underwhelming.  I have great memories of eating there with an old friend from college who passed away years ago.  And when my 4 were younger and we had a season ticket package we loved Sabatino's. 

Anyway, feel free to move or delete and I appreciate any suggestions.

Axe Sabatinos: Italian Diner. Go to La Scala or Chipparellis 

• Upvote 1