Sunday August 8: Orioles vs Rays

SteveA

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Elias didn't think he was getting enough in return for Scott and Fry at the trading deadline. Since then, Scott immediately couldn't get anyone out and went on the IL, and Fry can't throw a strike or get anyone out.

Yes, in hindsight he should have done what he did with Cashner: Maximized return on over-performing pitchers. But time only moves forward....

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

And we all knew that Orioles were going to give away this two run lead and the O's didn't disappoint. 

But I had no idea they would do it in such dramatic fashion. I really thought the game would be tied, or TB up a run or two, after seven. 

I wonder whether Elias watches these games or keeps track of what's going, and if so whether he cares.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Was Matusz successful?

For three years (2013-2015), once he became our LOOGY, especially shutting down sluggers like David Ortiz. His ERA+'s during that substantial stretch: 116; 114; 140. Was key to our making it into the playoffs in 2014.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

But I had no idea they would do it in such dramatic fashion. I really thought the game would be tied, or TB up a run or two, after seven. 

I wonder whether Elias watches these games or keeps track of what's going, and if so whether he cares.

You know he actually prefers the Orioles to lose.  Next year at draft day he will be thankful we lost as many as we will lose.   

Just now, LA2 said:

For three years (2013-2015), once he became our LOOGY, especially shutting down sluggers like David Ortiz. His ERA+'s during that substantial stretch: 116; 114; 140. Was key to our making it into the playoffs in 2014.

I never saw him succeed except here and there. I was so happy to see him finally go to Atlanta and even they released him the same day. They just wanted the compensation pick