Wednesday August 11: Matt Harvey takes on the Tigers

SteveA

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

And we hit Skubal pretty well in Detroit too I think.

He's having a fine rookie season for someone who was a 29th-round pick, only 24 yrs old. This may be a game where he gets back at us.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Mullins is in the lineup today. It was just posted.
    • Mike Elias has irritated Adley Rutschman in all 3 of his MLB seasons trying to extract "more retained value" for his boss's bottom line, and wonders why Adley isn't excited to sign away club options on his entire career.    Gunnar Henderson too. It might be a nice gesture to work Basallo in a little earlier next year because adjusting to MLB competition is very hard. James McCann is pretty cool, and I hope he can find more opportunity to further his career next season than playing backup for the league's best starter. EBJ isn't as promising as Basallo, but he is good enough to have a fair chance for 2026 Rookie of the Year in the final season of this CBA, especially with the counting stats boost the 2026 Orioles lineup will give. After that who knows what the rules will be, but definitely top athletes will love geeks figuring stuff out to determine how their careers should progress.
    • Yes, he was unavailable for last night's game because of neck discomfort.
    • I am pretty sure we are in with a win and Mariners loss.  I have seen 2 Mariners losses because if we have to go up against Astros in head to head, if Mariners win division but that doesn’t make sense since a loss gives them 76 which we can’t get too.   The # 1 WC depends on if the West is won by the Mariners or Astros but it most likely is 3 if one of the wins is vs the Tigers or Twins. 
    • Now that Roy is hopeful, there is no hope. The curse is in.
    • Right. 1. Rivera consistently plays over Mayo.  Whether justified or not, he’s clearly higher in the pecking order right now. You don’t cut the second-string player to keep the third-string player.  (Obviously Mayo will be the better long term player and has the better pedigree but we’re talking specifically about the next two weeks). 2. Mayo has an option and Rivera doesn’t. Rivera provides depth going into next year, provides some flexibility to trade Urias if the right offer presents itself, and does several things well as a role player (even if perceived by fans with stigma of waiver wire scrub).
    • I agree. Nothing to lose by trying to claim him.
  • Popular Contributors