Who was your favorite Orioles non-superstar?

GotNitro

top of head: orsulak. sugarbear. alan mills. sal fasano. i had the chance to ask perlozzo about fasano during that spring training. cuz fasano had just dropped this amazing self-deprecating quote in the paper. perlozzo intimated that dude had no chance.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a little side note I have talked to Eric Byrnes, and he said that he played his way out of Baltimore when he got here because of the locker room being so bad vibed and the way PA was doing things. Just my opinon.

But i loved watching Omar Daal, wait never i thought this was the watch pitchers give up tons of hits thread my bad :)

Here's one nobody mentioned...Fernando Lunar. I was younger at the time, and I really didn't realize how pathetic of a hitter he was, but for some reason, he really stuck out behind the plate. I remember always hoping he'd finally hit his first homer with us.
I'm impressed. This guy was one of the most outstanding defensive catchers the Birds have ever had. His ERA was significantly lower (almost a run) than the overall team ERA. If his bat had just been average he would have had a great career.

On a side note: I was going to vote for Andy Etcheberan (sp) before you reminded me of Lunar. Well, I'll still go with Andy. You got here first.

You know, as a kid, I liked that guy, but looking back at his stats...jeeeez, he was terrible.

I like him just because he was #88....he was the first guy I can ever remember wearing a hockey/football number in baseball...I'll never forget him because of that.

You know, as a kid, I liked that guy, but looking back at his stats...jeeeez, he was terrible.

He was terrible.

Though I don't think Brady thought so... ;)

Mark Eichhorn was a straight up beast for us for one year. 71 innings in relief, 2.15 ERA, 1.14 whip, 62 hits.

He went to the Angels the next year, had a bad season and he was done.

Whenever I played whatifsports.com baseball, he HAD to be on my team. He was absolutely lights out.

He was terrible.

Though I don't think Brady thought so... ;)

Mark Eichhorn was a straight up beast for us for one year. 71 innings in relief, 2.15 ERA, 1.14 whip, 62 hits.

He went to the Angels the next year, had a bad season and he was done.

Whenever I played whatifsports.com baseball, he HAD to be on my team. He was absolutely lights out.

Yea, but come on Moose....the guy was the goofiest cat ever to don an O's uni. Who wears 88 anyways?

Archived