At least we’re helping the Rays stay atop the division

Frobby

With only two games to play against them, we are 1-16 against the Rays this year.   Meanwhile we are 4-9 against the Yankees and 5-8 against the Red Sox, with six games remaining against each.   So at an absolute minimum, even if we beat the Rays the next two days and lose every game to the Yankees and Sox, we will have helped the Rays gain at least 1 game on the Yankees and 2 on the Sox this year.  

Due to some really odd scheduling quirks, we didn’t play the Rays in the first 40 games this year, and we don’t play them in the final 33.   We will have played them 19 times in 89 games in between.  And it’s been painful.  

Meanwhile, in the final 33 games of the year, we play the Blue Jays 10 times.   We also played them 9 times in 18 games from mid-June to early July.   Very weird.   

When we aren’t playing NY (6), Boston (6) and Toronto (10) over the final 33, we play Philly (3), KC (4) and Texas (4).  There’s a chance for a few wins there, though you never know.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Tampa was 15-3 against the O's that year and they should have given the Orioles a share of their playoff money. Without beating up on the O's in 2008 the Rays don't make their run to the World Series. 

Oops sorry my bad looked at the chart backwards ..best was 2016 at 13-6 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

With only two games to play against them, we are 1-16 against the Rays this year.   Meanwhile we are 4-9 against the Yankees and 5-8 against the Red Sox, with six games remaining against each.   So at an absolute minimum, even if we beat the Rays the next two days and lose every game to the Yankees and Sox, we will have helped the Rays gain at least 1 game on the Yankees and 2 on the Sox this year.  

Due to some really odd scheduling quirks, we didn’t play the Rays in the first 40 games this year, and we don’t play them in the final 33.   We will have played them 19 times in 89 games in between.  And it’s been painful.  

Meanwhile, in the final 33 games of the year, we play the Blue Jays 10 times.   We also played them 9 times in 18 games from mid-June to early July.   Very weird.   

When we aren’t playing NY (6), Boston (6) and Toronto (10) over the final 33, we play Philly (3), KC (4) and Texas (4).  There’s a chance for a few wins there, though you never know.  

We're 0-1 on our way to another 4-32. I think KC and Texas will save us from it, even if we just go something like 2-33 vs. our division "rivals" (TBH though, I think we'll do much better than that).

9 hours ago, crowmst3k! said:

I really want the Rays to win it all this year. 

I want them to win it as well. I've liked the Rays for many many years. I have a bunch of Rays gear that I wear when I go out. They're my second favorite team. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

I want them to win it as well. I've liked the Rays for many many years. I have a bunch of Rays gear that I wear when I go out. They're my second favorite team. 

They’re the one other team in the AL East I don’t despise.   Though I’m softening on Toronto now that Gibbons and Bautista are out of the picture.