Saturday, August 28: John Means faces the Rays, O's on brink of mathematical elimination from playoffs

SteveA

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I just assume we will be dominated when we play the Rays. They have actual talent, they know how to evaluate talent, and they know how to put their players in the best position to be successful. Basically they are everything the Orioles are not.

Yeah but 1-16 (going on 1-17).  I don't care the talent disparity, it should not be this bad.  This just pisses me off.  Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to admire about they are run.  I'm just sick of losing this badly against them.  I'm sick of losing in general.  There better be a big jump in our record next year (I'm not expecting contending, but something respectful), if it's another season like this I might tune out.

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

Yeah but 1-16 (going on 1-17).  I don't care the talent disparity, it should not be this bad.  This just pisses me off.  Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to admire about they are run.  I'm just sick of losing this badly against them.  I'm sick of losing in general.  There better be a big jump in our record next year (I'm not expecting contending, but something respectful), if it's another season like this I might tune out.

The way they find and use talent is ridiculous. 

Oh well, 2 out.  Down to KG.

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Safe bet, if that continues.  You don't think there could be some volatility from year to year, especially with a guy who's still on the upside of his career?  

There could. I like Hays overall as a player,  but he can't stay healthy and then he spent must of this season being dominated by right-handers. He could still put it together and if I'm the Orioles I'd still give him next year to see if he does, but I don't think he's going to end up the player we thought he would be.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

There could. I like Hays overall as a player,  but he can't stay healthy and then he spent must of this season being dominated by right-handers. He could still put it together and if I'm the Orioles I'd still give him next year to see if he does, but I don't think he's going to end up the player we thought he would be.

I'm think the exact same. It's ashame because he can be a really good player. Oh well...

10 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Just can't grasp the concept of no matter who Tampa brings in to pitch, they're incredible. I just do not understand how other teams cannot do the same. Is it the scouts for Tampa? They're the smallest market and they're an incredible team. 

Tampa isn't the smallest market.  They just have a Jerk of an owner, a crappy stadium and an indifferent fanbase.

Tampa-St Pete is the #13 Market in the country.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Too bad DJ Stewart can't play the outfield. He has a .753 OPS against LHP this year and .773 for his career. But anything positive DJ does hitting will be offset by his defense in the outfield.