Offseason target: Tyler Glasnow

Frobby

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

And btw, you say what if Gunnar becomes a beast.  Well the odds are that he won’t be as productive of a player as Chapman is this year, in a down year.  

And what if Chapman gets back to an MVP level with player and we do make the playoffs on 2023?  Will Gunnar becoming a beast bother  you then

ARe you upset we made the Miller/ERod deal?  

Sometimes trades just work out well for both sides

I think (1) making the playoffs in 2023 is going to be a stretch no matter what moves we make, and (2) even if we do make the playoffs, we certainly won’t be a serious WS contender by then.   

I’d rather save my MiL trade chips until we are a little closer to contention.   I don’t mind spending some $ on free agents, though.   

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

When was the last time a 60 win team traded their own top 10 prospects for a veteran? At least with Glenn Davis we were contending and there was an argument that he was the missing piece. 

Most recently, the Royals traded Kahlil Lee, their #6 prospect at the time, in a three-team trade to acquire Andrew Benintendi. They were coming from a 59 win season in 2019 and weren't particularly good in a shortened 2020 season either.

Closest other scenario I can think of, the Mets had 77 wins and then traded Kelenic for Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz.

Both trades were for the most part considered head-scratchers at time.  In retrospect, both trades look even worse now.

• Upvote 1