Jahmai Jones so far

interloper

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The charge and throw was very good. On the double play, he made a nice turn but his throw seemed weak. 

Really?   I didn’t think so.   I’ve called out at least one other weak throw he’s made but I thought that one looked good.  

He hasn't done well, but I do think there's talent there - just not sure he's going to get there.  He's gotta make some adjustments to stay in the majors on offense.  He's got a quick bat, but he needs to figure out hitting breaking balls and going to the opposite field on pitches on the outer half of the plate.  I'm guessing his failure to adjust was why he was slumping badly in AAA and not hitting now.  And it might turn out that he can't adjust.   

1 hour ago, luismatos4prez said:

He looks raw still, and he only just turned 24. I would let him and Mateo battle it out for 2B next year, with the loser being the utility man.

I'm not sure what use a utility IF is who can only play 2B.  Jones IMO is either the starting 2B or he's going back to Norfolk. 

12 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I'm not sure what use a utility IF is who can only play 2B.  Jones IMO is either the starting 2B or he's going back to Norfolk. 

I’d rather Jones be playing everyday in AAA versus being a UTIL guy next year with the big club, but we are starting to have our legit prospects reach AAA. Vavra will be the AAA 2B next year. He’s legit. The OF will be crowded for Jones to even get ABs in COF. 

Obviously we will hang on to Jones, but he needs to produce and produce fast. 

17 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’d rather Jones be playing everyday in AAA versus being a UTIL guy next year with the big club, but we are starting to have our legit prospects reach AAA. Vavra will be the AAA 2B next year. He’s legit. The OF will be crowded for Jones to even get ABs in COF. 

Obviously we will hang on to Jones, but he needs to produce and produce fast. 

Yes exactly. Plus, I think Urias is more a 2B than anything else. I’d like to see us acquire an actual SS or 3B in the offseason. 

2 hours ago, waroriole said:

Yes exactly. Plus, I think Urias is more a 2B than anything else. I’d like to see us acquire an actual SS or 3B in the offseason. 

I think we’ll look to bring back either Iglesias or Galvis this offseason to provide stability at SS. Urias and Mateo can man 2nd and 3rd base. Jones could earn his way into the mix, but hasn’t so far. Vavra is going to be knocking at the door for 2B next year. 

Correa would be nice, but we’re still two years away. You can’t pay a player $60mm over 2 years when you’re not going to be competitive. That’s a waste. 

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think we’ll look to bring back either Iglesias or Galvis this offseason to provide stability at SS. Urias and Mateo can man 2nd and 3rd base. Jones could earn his way into the mix, but hasn’t so far. Vavra is going to be knocking at the door for 2B next year. 

Correa would be nice, but we’re still two years away. You can’t pay a player $60mm over 2 years when you’re not going to be competitive. That’s a waste. 

It would be great to bring back either. I hope they’d still want to return after getting traded to potential playoff teams. 

Agree about Correa. Plus it’s unlikely he’d have any interest in coming to Baltimore.