Matt Andriese come on down

HowAboutThat

He just got designated by the Mariners, he’s 32, almost all of his meaningful stats are superior to the guys we have in the bullpen here, and he’s been cursed by a .392 BABIP which I think is about 100 points above league average. He has a 4.64 FIP which would fit in our BP, and a career 46% GB rate.

two thumbs up.

or not?

8 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I'm confused.  This guy was putrid with the Red Sox this season.  And Philip, compare him to Sulser - who you seem to despise.  Which one is easily better and younger?    

I like Sulser. Why did you infer that I didn’t? I don’t think he should be closer because I dislike the idea of a closer. And I think Sulser is older. Or they are basically the same age at 32.

I just suggested it because his stats compare well with our own pen.

Just now, Philip said:

I like Sulser. Why did you infer that I didn’t? I don’t think he should be closer because I dislike the idea of a closer. And I think Sulser is older. Or they are basically the same age at 32.

I just suggested it because his stats compare well with our own pen.

Hmmm, let me dig up our conversation about Sulser from a few days ago - pretty sure it was at the end of one of the gameday threads.  I'll copy and paste it here for you.  

I’m genuinely sorry about Wells, I really like feel good stories, and it doesn’t look like his is going to have a happy ending. The jury may still be out on Greene as well, but Sulser is getting up in years. He’s been ok, certainly worth the waiver claim, but if he’s one of our seven bullpen guys at the end of next season, it will be a very bad season.

That was from September 20th.  Fair enough that you don't hate Sulser - you just think it'll be a disaster if he's still on the roster at the end of next season.  And yes, Sulser is younger than Andriese.  

10 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

That was from September 20th.  Fair enough that you don't hate Sulser - you just think it'll be a disaster if he's still on the roster at the end of next season.  And yes, Sulser is younger than Andriese.  

Oh yes, I appreciate you showing me that, but no that doesn’t mean I don’t like him, as a matter fact I do(gotta like everyone who comes from Tampa) I just don’t think he’s outstanding, and for the record, I don’t think almost any of the guys we have in our bullpen should be here next September. I don’t like Tate and I don’t like Scott, but everybody else I’m OK with. I just don’t think they’re outstanding. It is my expectation that with first claim on the waiver wire we are going to have access to younger and better relievers and improve on our current crop with relative ease.

I don’t think Andriese is outstanding either but to quote the song, he may be,”…a better class of loser.”

Edited by Philip