Mullins is Hank Aaron finalist for best offensive player

OriolesMagic83

Mullins is one of the 7 finalists for AL Hank Aaron award.  Other finalists include Guerrero, Ohtani, and Perez.  Good to see him get this recognition.  There is also an NL Hank Aaron award.  Interesting to see if Guerrero will win this award and Ohtani win the MVP.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32361326/hank-aaron-award-finalists-best-offensive-player-include-shohei-ohtani-bryce-harper

21 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's cool that he's getting recognized but it'll be Ohtani or Guerrero.  Mullins picked a bad year to have an amazing year.  

Except for timing his great year the same year Trout couldn’t be CF ASG starter! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Check statcast.

I see them this year as basically even, with Mullins having slowed a bit from earlier in his career when he was clearly faster.

Ohtani is a hell of an athlete.  That's impressive.  He's faster than I realized.

20 hours ago, Philip said:

I can’t imagine Ohtani not cleaning up. He hit and runs and does the pitching thing too. But what are the parameters? Does Mullins surpass either of these guys in any category?

Ohtani probably wins the MVP, but this award should should go to Guerrero.   Pitching is not relevant to this award and Guerrero had the best offensive season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Ohtani probably wins the MVP, but this award should should go to Guerrero.   Pitching is not relevant to this award and Guerrero had the best offensive season.

Ohtani had the better overall season (in my opinion), but to me MVP isn't necessarily the best player award. Ohtani made the Angels a better team, but at the end of the season they won 77 games and were a non-contender. 

The Blue Jays won 91 games in a tough division and just missed out on the playoffs. Guerrero Jr. had a major role in his team's success and the Blue Jays wouldn't have been on the verge of the playoffs without him. Ohtani probably does win MVP due to the uniqueness of his season and I'm ok with that. If I had a vote for MVP, I would probably lean towards Guerrero Jr.